Problem with Enthusiast Script

Everything related to the visual and coding aspects of websites.
Icewolf

Problem with Enthusiast Script

Post by Icewolf »

I am trying to install Enthusiast to use for my fanlistings and fanlistings collective and I was hoping that someone here might be able to help me.

When I try to install it, I get the following error:
Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'username'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/deadwint/public_html/kobayashi-maru/enthusiast/install.php on line 122

It is the first time I've tried using Enthusiast and after doing some research, I've found out that the problem is either a problem with the user name and password, or that the database doesn't exist. I don't know how to create a database for Enthusiast and I don't think that I am getting the username and password wrong (as I edited and saved the config.php file for the user name and password). Thanks in advance.
Destinie

Re: Problem with Enthusiast Script

Post by Destinie »

I was getting a similar error and had no idea what to do with it! I am converting over to Bellabuffs instead. Hopefully someone else can help you out, sorry! :(
anon

Post by anon »

Icewolf wrote:I don't know how to create a database for Enthusiast and I don't think that I am getting the username and password wrong (as I edited and saved the config.php file for the user name and password).
You probably tried it already but I assume it means the username and password for an existing MySQL database? If you have access to cPanel you should be able to make one.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Did you upload a table before setting up a fanlisting?

There was a topic at Girls Who Geek that covered this issue if it is the same issue I'm thinking of.