Layout Archives

Everything related to the visual and coding aspects of websites.
Mikari

Re: Layout Archives

Post by Mikari »

My layout archive is manual too. I like it better that way because I have more freedom with the archive's layout, set up, etc. which isn't quite the same on sites like tumblr and others.
Joe wrote:dA is pretty strict on that kind of stuff.
Not too strict though, I see a lot of screen shots and motivational posted slip by. I also had official art based wallpapers and layouts, though they were mostly screen shots. I deleted them later but they never got caught. I don't know if it's because no one noticed or my little disclaimer was actually enough, yet looking at their rules after someone pointed them out to me, it didn't sound like the disclaimer would have been enough.
anon

Post by anon »

I guess it's just been tough for dA to handle since more and more people have been joining the site and treating of it less as a personal gallery but more as a social networking website.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

It's amusing yet sad...
alexielnet

Post by alexielnet »

I have a layout archive at http://alexiel.net/oldouts/index.html called Papercup Heaven. I haven't updated it in a while though. I always thought they were fun.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

alexielnet wrote:I have a layout archive at http://alexiel.net/oldouts/index.html called Papercup Heaven. I haven't updated it in a while though. I always thought they were fun.
Amazing collection!
alexielnet

Post by alexielnet »

Thank you. I've always been a little insecure about my layouts. =] I like your layout gallery too. I kind of wish I had saved the layouts from my web sites too.
tox

Post by tox »

Wow, I've never thought about using tumblr as a layout archive. I once had one on my old domain but it was always annoying to keep it updated. Maybe I should gibe it a try.
Eden

Post by Eden »

tox wrote:Wow, I've never thought about using tumblr as a layout archive. I once had one on my old domain but it was always annoying to keep it updated. Maybe I should gibe it a try.
In all honesty I hate tumblr since everyone just reblogs random stuff to the point of it being spammy. Tumblr does have its uses if you use it for something other than reblogging. Since they have a few nice templates for showing off images, it's really useful as a layout archive! I otherwise do not use tumblr other than to upload a layout image. I do agree that having one off of tumblr is more of a pain to manage, but it can be done. Tumblr just minimizes the work needed to go into it I suppose. XD I don't use it for anything else so it serves its purpose for me!
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Eden wrote:
tox wrote:Wow, I've never thought about using tumblr as a layout archive. I once had one on my old domain but it was always annoying to keep it updated. Maybe I should gibe it a try.
In all honesty I hate tumblr since everyone just reblogs random stuff to the point of it being spammy. Tumblr does have its uses if you use it for something other than reblogging. Since they have a few nice templates for showing off images, it's really useful as a layout archive! I otherwise do not use tumblr other than to upload a layout image. I do agree that having one off of tumblr is more of a pain to manage, but it can be done. Tumblr just minimizes the work needed to go into it I suppose. XD I don't use it for anything else so it serves its purpose for me!
I share your feelings about tumblr. It distracts me for hours, however. My Fiance and I do keep an online comic there but other than that, I hardly use it. |D;
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I find tumblr (or any template based site) to make things harder to update/keep up with. Maybe it's because I want to have the archive look exactly like I want and with templates that requires a lot of coding overrides that I would much faster code in my own html file.