Resources

Everything related to the visual and coding aspects of websites.
Mikari

Resources

Post by Mikari »

What resource sites do you use to make shrines? This is the place to share them! Image galleries, brushes, fonts, they're all welcome. Please only post links to sites that allow visitors to use their resources.

Fonts: Da Font: It has quite the variety.

Image editing: Gimp: My favorite! It's good for editing, resizing, using brushes, making animated gifs, etc.

Image editing: Real World: I haven't tried out all the programs, but I really like the cursor editor.

My own little resource dump (mostly simply tileable backgrounds) can be found here.

I also have a lot of cursors that can be "installed" on websites (additionally to computers) to transform the mouse arrow into a chibi. I haven't organized them into their own folder yet, but save for the ones in the Slayers, Final Fantasy and Pokemon folders all the others can be found in the Pixel folder. Tutorials links for installation are included along with the files at Deviant Art.
Todd

Re: Resources

Post by Todd »

favicon.css is pretty nice. It's a favicon generator, and makes the process really simple.
Vii

Post by Vii »

I use a variety of resources, mainly textures, brushes, and patterns from websites like FEEL, Hybrid Genesis, 99mockingbirds, Sanami276@dA, and crazykira-resources@dA amongst others.

I get my fonts from daFont.com and most of my brushes are from defunct resource sites that I've had since 2006-ish. I used to only use one site's resources for all of my design work, and when that site shut down unexpectedly I had nothing xD So now I back everything up on my computer in neatly organized folders so I always know where my resources came from xD

I used Photoshop CS5 currently :) And Notepad for coding. Oh, and Minitokyo for high quality images.
searching for the starlight in the darkest skies.
a complex surface, laid out right before our eyes. everything makes sense, now that you are by my side.
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

Brusheezy is the number one place I go to find brushes following the ones at dA of course.

Then I found Lost & Taken a beautiful texture site that are HQ and they're ALL free. All of them.

Of course, there's W3Schools.com when you're stuck (I get stuck a lot haha) and there's also CSS3.info if you want to see what CSS3 can do in browsers that currently supports it.

I use Adobe Photoshop CS5 and sometimes Paint Shop Pro 8 when cutting since it's easier for me. I also use Dreamweaver CS5 instead of Notepad now since it helps you ending tags and tells you which line is which - which is handy when any errors in validating the code. It's also color coded so if you mess something up, you will notice (helps a lot since I usually miss a " or something silly |D
Last edited by Camy on Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

W3 Schools! how did I forget that even if I use it so much?

There's also JS Lint
Vii

Post by Vii »

Oh! One of my favorite resource sites is actually hosted on Neopets. Nienke Resources :P I love her lighting effects in her textures~
searching for the starlight in the darkest skies.
a complex surface, laid out right before our eyes. everything makes sense, now that you are by my side.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Those textures are cute! I didn't realize Neopets gave that many page customization options. I learned on Angelfire and Geocities when I started out...

Here's another one I just remembered: Code Tutorial
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

Omg, how could I forget Google Web Fonts.

Basically you can choose a font and use it on a site by using the code and following the instructions Google gives you.

It's amazing and so magical 8D
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Okay, now that I'm on my computer with all my bookmarks, let me drown you...
I have so many that one year a teacher in my course (a professional illustrator) asked for my library XD

TEXTURES
Mayang
Grunge Textures
Zen Textures
Texture Lovers
Bittbox (★ personal favorite)
Love Textures
Texturez
CG Textures

PATTERNS
Ava7
Pattern8
Dinpattern
Patternhead
Subtle Patterns (★ personal favorite)
Dotted background generator

FONTS
Urbanfonts
Font Squirrel

TYPOGRAPHY
Fontfuse
Lettering.js
FitText
Flipping Typical
WhatTheFont!

COLORS AND PALETTES
Color Scheme Designer
Colourlovers
Colors on the web: Color Wheel
Swatchspot
kColors
Pretty Colors
Landscape Palettes

CSS3
CSS3 Please!
CSS3 Pie
CSS3 Playground

MIXED
Fudgegraphics
Premium Pixels
Sanctae

CHARACTER ENTITIES
CopyPasteCharacter
Chinese/Japanese to Unicode
Entitifier
Entity Lookup

OTHER
Frame Box (layout mockups)
Golden Ratio Calculator
The Horizontal Way (horizontal websites)
Cakejs (HTML5 canvas animation kit)
1140 Grid System

ENJOY!!
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

Oh wow, very nice list dubious!

I recognize some of those links - especially the grid system :D