A World Tree of Shrines

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Mikari

A World Tree of Shrines

Post by Mikari »

Inspired by Todd revising a famous Amassment discussion, I bring back a meme that was originally inspired by a comment from Destinie and Todd on an earlier meme... It makes me wonder how thins might have changed since then. So without further ado, I beg your pardon if I butchered mythology... which I probably did...

Yggdrasil, the world tree

A voice echoes in your mind as you see the image of a lady in elegant armor. "To my side my noble Einherjar! You seem to be worthy, thus I, a Valkyrie, have been sent to guide you to Valhalla. However, you must pass one last test. You must prove that you are knowledgeable about the world. Show me a map of Yggdrasil, the world tree. Take this scroll as your guide..."

You open the ancient scroll of golden ink on parchment and find explanations and requirements.

Asgard: the world of the Aesir, Valhalla is here. Show me the capital of the world.

Vanaheim: the world of the Vanir. Show me a grand world.

Alfheim: the world of the elves. Show me a world that feels mystical.

Midgard: the world of the humans. Show me a world that touches the heart of living creatures.

Jotunheim: the world of the giants. Show me a world that is as impressive as it is large.

Nidavellir: the world of the dwarves. Show me a world that is small but amazing.

Svartalfheim: the world of the dark elves. Show me a world that shines in its darkness.

Niflheim: the icy world of Hel. Show me the world of the afterlife where time has no end.

Muspelheim: the fiery world of monsters. Show me a fierce world.

The Valkyrie speaks once more. "I will give you a moment to think. I shall come for your answers soon..." then she disappears.

Yggdrasil Meme

Confused? No worries, I shall explain. It's quite simple really. We all see the world in different perspectives so there is no true absolute map of Yggdrasil. To draw your map all you need to do is follow the general guidelines left by the Valkyrie. Let's have another look at that scroll. I will help you interpret it, but the true meaning of each world is up to you to decide. Link a shrine to represent each world and tell us why you think it fits.

Asgard: A shrine dedicated to the fandom you are currently most active in.

Vanaheim: A shrine dedicated to a hero.

Alfheim: A shrine with a mysterious feel.

Midgard: A shrine with great analysis.

Jotunheim: A shrine that has both quality and quantity.

Nidavellir: A one page shrine you like.

Svartalfheim: A hero turned villain, villain turned hero, an antagonist that's not really bad....

Niflheim: A shrine that you've visited more times than you can count.

Muspelheim: A shrine dedicated to a villain.
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: A World Tree of Shrines

Post by Robin »

Asgard: A shrine dedicated to the fandom you are currently most active in.
Nobody has made a shrine for Doctor Who yet ;_; (mine is upcoming in May 2016 though xD)

Vanaheim: A shrine dedicated to a hero.
Eternal Flame - Sailor Moon by Saya

Alfheim: A shrine with a mysterious feel.
Morning Glory - Espeon by Samantha

Midgard: A shrine with great analysis.
House on Haunted Hill - Vincent Valentine by SnowRayjah

Jotunheim: A shrine that has both quality and quantity.
Nyx's Lounge - Shin Megami Tensei by Nyx

Nidavellir: A one page shrine you like.
Warmth in Winter - Elsa by Sarah

Svartalfheim: A hero turned villain, villain turned hero, an antagonist that's not really bad....
Anger - Malice by Dubiousdisc

Niflheim: A shrine that you've visited more times than you can count.
Wings - Danielle de Barbarac by Todd

Muspelheim: A shrine dedicated to a villain.
Shatter Me - Kagura by Megan
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org