Schala revamp!

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Mikari

Re: Schala revamp!

Post by Mikari »

The designs are so beautiful. The stationery feel of the domain design is cute. The soft colors and textures fit Schala very well. The shrine as a whole is very informative and has a nice poetic feel.
Rinoa

Post by Rinoa »

Thank you for checking out the site, guys!
Destinie wrote:Hi Sheila! Everything is so gorgeous! I am unfamiliar with Chrono Trigger (I know, I have to play it!) but I love how it's organized and written. I'm really enjoying it!
You really need to play it, and I envy anyone who gets to play it for the first time... the first times I played it, I lived/breathed/slept with the game.
Varen wrote:This is super great Rinoa! I admit I had bookmarked your Schala fansite for a while because it reminded me of the beautiful old-school fansites of the day, and I love the revamp now! I admit that it's a bit hard to see with the soft colors on the layout, but it is still beautiful! I especially like how you addressed the different endings and Chross in the story section!
I've actually upped the contrast a bit on the main text, not sure what else is too low. Maybe the links?

Addressing Chrono Cross was painful. That was the hardest section to do.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I never got around to finish Chrono Cross though I started it long ago. I still have it for the PSP so maybe one day I'll finish it. I'm only at the start and right now I'm looking at it as an entirely different game not at all related to Chrono Trigger (for now at least, but I know that won't last too long). You did a good job addressing it.

BTW, did you play Flames of Eternity? It's much longer than Prophet's Guile and I enjoyed it so you haven't played it already, you should check it out. It came a long way from the old incomplete Crimson Echos. You can get it here
Rinoa

Post by Rinoa »

I downloaded FoE but haven't played it yet. CE was the worst to get through, I took screens of the monostrosity because it floored me how anyone can get CT's story and characters so wrong.

Chrono talking too much, using "TM" ironically, being a murderer (actually everyone being a murderer)
Glenn/Frog not talking like an American teenager, but more importantly..
Pairing Ayla up with him rather than Kino who she canonically married..

The list goes onnnn
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Rinoa wrote:I downloaded FoE but haven't played it yet. CE was the worst to get through, I took screens of the monostrosity because it floored me how anyone can get CT's story and characters so wrong.

Chrono talking too much, using "TM" ironically, being a murderer (actually everyone being a murderer)
Glenn/Frog not talking like an American teenager, but more importantly..
Pairing Ayla up with him rather than Kino who she canonically married..

The list goes onnnn
I didn't get that far on CE since I got it when it was earlier into development. I never saw the whole Ayla x Frog thing, it would have surprised me. O.o;; FoE isn't perfect, but it doesn't have anything -that- weird.
Rinoa

Post by Rinoa »

Oops just realized I put "glenn/frog not talking like" and missed putting "medieval and instead".

Hopefully FOE is good, I really need my CT fixxx
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Not as good as the original but way better than what I've seen of Chrono Cross so far... Though that's not saying much so I'll just say it was entertaining.