Animated Series

Any series that isn't anime as well as live action movies.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Animated Series

Post by Sarah »

Ava's mentioning of Gargoyles in the General Discussion thread made me think of all the cartoons I would watch growing up. Which made me very, very nostalgic. ;_; So, since we have a thread for animated movies, why not a thread for animated series as well? (Which I prefer to call cartoons since that is shorter but also more whimsical.)

I had so many favorites growing up. And I miss the days when it was actually worth getting up early on Saturday morning to watch cartoons. I really don't watch cartoons anymore since I can't get into any current ones. Oh well, I probably watch enough TV as it is. :swt2:

Here are some of my most loved cartoons, and yes, my childhood is showing: Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers, DuckTales, TaleSpin, Darkwing Duck, Gummi Bears, Doug, Hey Arnold!, Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, Gargoyles, Rugrats, Inspector Gadget, Bonkers, Goof Troop, Bump in the Night, Recess, Pepper Ann, and plenty more I'm sure I can't think of right now. As if that isn't a lot already..

So, what are your favorites? :)
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Destinie

Re: Animated Series

Post by Destinie »

Oh man, so many! I loved Inspector Gadget, Garfield and Friends, Looney Tunes, Gargoyles (even though I had to sneak to watch it because my mom didn't like me watching it!), Godzilla (the Hanna-Barbara one), and pretty much anything with dinosaurs in it. I used to watch the old Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon! So awesome! New Sonic is too serious. :\

Ah, and I LOVE Freakazoid! I have the entire series on the DVDs I literally FREAKED when I saw they were releasing them. And Invader Zim.

What are series that you like watching now??
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

HOW COULD I FORGET FREAKAZOID?!? I had the biggest crush on him, lol. Also Anamaniacs and Tiny Toons. And Sonic!! I loved the old Sonic cartoon with him, Tails, Princess Sally, the Walrus and the snooty French guy. I still know all the words to the theme song. And I know there was another Sonic cartoon with just Sonic and Tails (that was called Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog), but I didn't care for that one.

There's nothing I like watching now except maybe Octonauts. I don't care that it's for kids; it's so cute! And I love Shellington. He's an otter and a scientist, how cool is that? I tried to convince myself that I liked Phineas & Ferb, but I think I only watched it for Perry. I don't know, I guess I am stuck in the past when it comes to cartoons.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

From those mentioned I watched Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers, Duck Tales, Tale Spin, Darkwing Duck, Gummi Bears, Hey Arnold!, Rugrats, Inspector Gadget, Bonkers, Goof Troop, Invader Zim, Garfied and Tiny Toons.

I watched a few episode of Doug but never got into it. I didn't like Aaahh!!! Real Monsters because I was into cutesy things and they didn't look cute. For the same reason I didn't watch Gargoyles, but later I saw a few episodes and it seemed to have more of a plot than most series and it got me curious, but I felt lost jumping into the middle of the series, so I never watched more than a few episodes here and there. Never got into Freakazoid or Jim. I liked Animaniacs but didn't watch all that many episode in comparison to some of the others.

I really liked Swat Kats, Chip N Dale, Invader Zim, Tiny Toons and Sonic. I liked both the Sonic series the one with Sally and the french fox? Was he a fox? I really liked him, he amused me so. Although I didn't watch all that many episodes. I actually liked the one with only Sonic and Tails better, or perhaps it's just that it aired at a more convenient after school time and it was easier to catch. I was a Nintendo kid so I didn't know Sonic from the games. I remember watching a Spanish dub in the afternoons (grew up with international cable) for that Sonic and Tails cartoon, as the English one was in the morning and I had school. Tails was a girl in the dub so during my whole childhood I thought of tails as a girl. There was also the Disney series, I loved Aladdin. Also watched Little Mermaid, Timon & Pumba and Jungle Cubs (the one based on Jungle Book). I also really love Reboot.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Man I remember so many of those! I watched DuckTales, Darkwing Duck, Inspector Gadget, Dexter's Laboratory, Rugrats, Scooby Doo, Gargoyles... ugh so many. I don't watch cartoons so much nowdays because I think they're dumb and lack the awesomeness that cartoons had when I was a kid (but it could also be the fact that I'm a lot older to, lol).
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Dexter's Laboratory, how could I forget that. Also Powerpuff Girls and My Little Pony, the ponies that came before Twilight Sparkle's bunch.
Crystal wrote:I don't watch cartoons so much nowdays because I think they're dumb and lack the awesomeness that cartoons had when I was a kid (but it could also be the fact that I'm a lot older to, lol).
The same thing happens to me. I've rewatched some series, but only a few were still satisfying.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

I also forgot to mention Rocko's Modern Life. That show was so funny, and it's one of those where there are hidden adult jokes in it, too. On that note, Ren & Stimpy as well. :D
Crystal wrote:I don't watch cartoons so much nowdays because I think they're dumb and lack the awesomeness that cartoons had when I was a kid (but it could also be the fact that I'm a lot older to, lol).
Exactly how I feel. :/
Mikari wrote:I watched a few episode of Doug but never got into it. I didn't like Aaahh!!! Real Monsters because I was into cutesy things and they didn't look cute.
Aw, but Ickis was so cute! lol
And, I looked up the French guy from Sonic - his name is Antoine and he is a coyote. For some reason I was thinking he was a weasel, haha.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Which one was Ickis? The magenta one was somewhat okay, is that the one?

A coyote? I never would have guessed. I always thought of more cutesy animals for cartoons... Now that I think about it, what's Sally? *goes to Wiki* A chipmunk? Oddly they all look like tail-less foxes to me and I always wondered why they didn't have tails. ^^;;
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I loved how in the 90's there were so many anthro/animal people cartoons. Now the animal people survive in Cartoon Network shows.

I MISS CHOWDER. :( :( :(
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

*doesn't know chowder* :o