Adrien Brody has arrived!

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
FandomSavant

Adrien Brody has arrived!

Post by FandomSavant »

I got it up, mainly because I couldn't stand looking at the old layout anymore. Ha ha. So, WOO! I'm not sure it's up to snuff as a Shrine yet, but I'll get there.

http://brody.fandomsavant.com

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant.com - home of my stuff
Twitter: @FandomSavant
Laura

Re: Adrien Brody has arrived!

Post by Laura »

Awesome!! :D I wasn't expecting you to get the site up so fast, what a nice suprise! I really enjoyed reading through it; you can definitely tell you have a passion for the actor and his work. I really like the 100x100 avatars too. :) There's a lot of emotion captured in them. Well done! <3
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

wolfrun wrote:Awesome!! :D I wasn't expecting you to get the site up so fast, what a nice suprise! I really enjoyed reading through it; you can definitely tell you have a passion for the actor and his work. I really like the 100x100 avatars too. :) There's a lot of emotion captured in them. Well done! <3
I actually had a lot of it written before I posted about it. ;) Thank you so much. I hope to discuss his work more specifically soon. I did get the wishlist up now, at least. :-)

Hi! I'm Patricia.

Laura

Post by Laura »

Ahhhh, sneaky. ;D It's actually nice that you can continue to add to your shrine for him as you get more writing done. You've already got quite a bit up there that it feels like more of a full shrine. I'm kind of jealous! I'm sorta all over the place with what I wanna work on so I find it hard to come back to do regular updates like that. xD
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

wolfrun wrote:Ahhhh, sneaky. ;D It's actually nice that you can continue to add to your shrine for him as you get more writing done. You've already got quite a bit up there that it feels like more of a full shrine. I'm kind of jealous! I'm sorta all over the place with what I wanna work on so I find it hard to come back to do regular updates like that. xD
Oh, I totally understand that. I can't seem to focus on adding content to my other fanlistings, but I'm so interested/obsessed with talking about Adrien movies, that'll be easy. :)

Hi! I'm Patricia.

Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Hello, Patricia! I'm so glad to see your first plug already! And glad to see that it's Adrien Brody!

The layout is wonderful! I know I complimented your last layout on TFL boards, but I also really like this one, and perhaps more! I really like the name and the images you chose. Navigation looks wonderful. Easy to read and find. I love that you actually mentioned using his eye to make the graphic. I think that's so cool! Color scheme is nice and almost dreamy.

I REALLY like how you separated the sections as well since you will be focusing on him and his work in-depth. You actually already have an awesome start. I didn't feel like it was an incomplete shrine at all so I'm excited to see new content added. I didn't know that he also directed and produced some things so those were really awesome to see. The videos under the "Director" section were awesome, and it was really such a pleasure to watch. Love the little personal flair added by your personal collection and wishlist sections.

Overall, it's a super solid shrine already! As someone who hasn't seen too many of his movies, I loved reading through it. It's very interesting and easy to follow. I would definitely consider it a shrine (definition is definitely flexible in my opinion), ESPECIALLY because you've got your own personal flair in each section. Fantastic! I can't wait to see when you add more content! :)
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Megan A wrote:Hello, Patricia! I'm so glad to see your first plug already! And glad to see that it's Adrien Brody!

The layout is wonderful! I know I complimented your last layout on TFL boards, but I also really like this one, and perhaps more! I really like the name and the images you chose. Navigation looks wonderful. Easy to read and find. I love that you actually mentioned using his eye to make the graphic. I think that's so cool! Color scheme is nice and almost dreamy.

I REALLY like how you separated the sections as well since you will be focusing on him and his work in-depth. You actually already have an awesome start. I didn't feel like it was an incomplete shrine at all so I'm excited to see new content added. I didn't know that he also directed and produced some things so those were really awesome to see. The videos under the "Director" section were awesome, and it was really such a pleasure to watch. Love the little personal flair added by your personal collection and wishlist sections.

Overall, it's a super solid shrine already! As someone who hasn't seen too many of his movies, I loved reading through it. It's very interesting and easy to follow. I would definitely consider it a shrine (definition is definitely flexible in my opinion), ESPECIALLY because you've got your own personal flair in each section. Fantastic! I can't wait to see when you add more content! :)

Wow. Thank you so much. I'm honored that you spent so much time there and took time to comment on the various aspects. I truly appreciate it. :)

I guess I feel incomplete because I haven't posted any analysis of his characters yet. I will, though. My plan is to go in themes: like his childhood roles, or Three Times He Played a Guy Named Jack (an actual page I'm working on, ha ha).

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

AdriCULOUS wrote:Well done! Sometimes though, I interchange "shrine" and "fansite," so it's more than enough to be a shrine, let alone a fansite. :music: Keep it up!
Thank you! :)

Hi! I'm Patricia.

Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Well done so far--anything you add now will be icing on the cake :D

I like the simplicity of the layout's color scheme and design; nothing detracts from your (awesome) content, and like everyone else has said, you've been very thorough on all your informational pages, so it feels like a fansite. :)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Robin wrote:Well done so far--anything you add now will be icing on the cake :D

I like the simplicity of the layout's color scheme and design; nothing detracts from your (awesome) content, and like everyone else has said, you've been very thorough on all your informational pages, so it feels like a fansite. :)
Thank you! That's actually what I was going for with the layout.

The original one I made had an image off to the left side (a page background that was just in the top corner, basically) and the content in the center. It looked cool, but it was way too distracting (and the colors were too... stark, I guess). I wanted the eye to go to the center for everything, to hopefully make it more pleasant to read. I also went larger than I think I ever have with my fonts. ;)

Hi! I'm Patricia.