"Shrine-Starter" Package

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: "Shrine-Starter" Package

Post by Robin »

Me too, neo! :D

Do we need any more "non-character-shrine" questions, or are the ones we have good enough?
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Todd

Post by Todd »

I like this idea as a list of possible prompts! I had a similar idea the other day and was discussing it in the Amassment Skype Chat. I was saying we could create a list of easy-to-follow steps for someone who might want to create their first "basic" shrine. We should emphasize basic, or general, because like others have noted here, shrines come in all forms and some don't go by this at all. But I was thinking something like:

1) Write an introductory article on the series/movie/game your character is from.
2) Write an introduction to the character.
3) Write three "unique" articles on the character. (We could make a list of possible ideas for this, including symbolism, personality, setting analysis, etc.)
4) Write a relationships page discussing the character's important relationships.
5) Write site page.

That would create a basic small shrine that would introduce the character and series to shrine readers, and give something for the webmaster to expand from. The shrine could then grow over time online. The relationships page could eventually become a relationships section with a more in-depth look at each relationship on its own page. Additional analysis sections (Step 3) could be added over time, too, but having at least 3 gives your site some meat and something to make it unique.
Elysa

Post by Elysa »

Ooooh, echo-ing all the positive reactions, I really like this too, as I'm always struggling with what to include on shrines, haha. Perhaps it's an idea to post this on the main website instead of something like google docs as it might get more exposure there? Plus we can always link it from the forums for those who miss it~
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Elysa- yeah! I was thinking we could put this in the "Shrining for Newbies" page whenever I get that up and running, heh.

Todd- That's so funny! Haha! Great minds think alike? ;)
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

This thread is very helpful, thank you! :)

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant.com - home of my stuff
Twitter: @FandomSavant
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

We've recently put together a Shrining for Newbies section on the main Amassment site but it is not live yet. I'll definitely be plugging it when it is up!