First Fanlisting to Shrine

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Megan A

Re: [Discussion] First Fanlisting to Shrine

Post by Megan A »

I don't have any finished yet, but I'm working on two right now. Both Pokemon subjects: Sabrina and Pancham!
Elysa

Post by Elysa »

I am so glad I have old layout screencaps, because I seriously could not remember this anymore, haha. But it was for Shia from Pitaten, I adopted the fanlisting out a few years ago and I never reuploaded the content when I moved servers because I wasn't really that satisfied over it anymore, though.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

I think my first fanlisting-to-shrine was for The Incredibles. It was opened in early Feb of 2012 (4 years now!). I did have a shrine that I added a fanlisting to, Chizu, but I closed the FL after a while as it was getting no members. (Literally; I was the only member.)
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

The first and only "fanlisting + shrine" I did was for the Nintendo DS game Super Princess Peach. I was just getting into fanlistings then (probably around 2006 or so) and already had one fanlisting for CuteHTML, so I figured I'd run another one too. I had already built the shrine for the game about a month before, and so I just added on the fanlisting as part of the site to represent my newly discovered interest. :)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Robin wrote:The first and only "fanlisting + shrine" I did was for the Nintendo DS game Super Princess Peach. I was just getting into fanlistings then (probably around 2006 or so) and already had one fanlisting for CuteHTML, so I figured I'd run another one too. I had already built the shrine for the game about a month before, and so I just added on the fanlisting as part of the site to represent my newly discovered interest. :)
Holy shit, I think I remember the CuteHTML fanlisting!!! That was you?! :O

For me it was both my first fanlisting and my first character shrine! The Sneasel one. That was in 2006. I don't do fanlistings anymore, so today it's a shrine (which I'm currently in the process of revamping as I don't think I updated anything in something like five years, lol).
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

dubiousdisc wrote:Holy shit, I think I remember the CuteHTML fanlisting!!! That was you?! :O
Yup, sure was! I first built it back in........*checks files* September of 2005! :D Here's the layout background so you can enjoy the 2005-ness and iframe design:

I was apparently planning a new layout in April of 2006, but it never got off the ground, so I probably closed it out after that. I was only in FLs for a hot minute, xD
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Color Me Badd, of course. Ha ha. ;) #iamold

I had the fansite/shrine first (not sure if it would've been considered a shrine, but I think so), then discovered fanlistings and just HAD to be the one to run theirs! So, I tacked it on.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant.com - home of my stuff
Twitter: @FandomSavant