Into the Sky

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Into the Sky

Post by Megan »

Hello!

I forgot to post this, but I finished my tribute to Winona, the sixth Gym Leader from the Hoenn region in Pokemon! I had a lot of fun creating this tribute, and I hope you all enjoy! (And maybe learn something as well!) So, go and check out Into the Sky! I have linked back all the Pokemon tributes (I think!) So feel free to link back as well! Let me know if I forgot your link!
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Megan A

Re: Into the Sky

Post by Megan A »

I read through this when you first posted it, and I really love it. The layout looks really nice. I love the name of the site and the shades of purple that you chose! I love that the headers alternate in colors too for some reason? It's such a great and subtle detail.

I love the explanation about what you can expect from each section in your navigation and how neatly organized everything is.

I LOVE the basic information section and how you included the voice actresses, appearance, and information on the badge. It's a very expansive section (I'd even say it goes above "basic" information, but that's beside the point) and a very good introduction to the character.

I love the sky and bird significance/symbolism to the character. These are my favorite sections, I think! I can tell you really did some research. Oh, man and the multimedia section is amazing. I love browsing stuff like that, and you really gave a lot of resources.

Overall, I really love it! It's fantastic! I am also really happy to see more shrines to Pokemon trainers. A great addition to your network!
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Beautiful design (seconding the purple love :D), and as always in-depth analyses as well as factual information! I also like how you tie in the anime and manga representations, and the differences between original Japanese and English translations. :)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Beautiful design and a very well done site :)
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

Ahhh thank you everyone! I'm glad everyone is appreciating the colors I chose to use! It's definitely different from many of the layout colors I chose.

@Megan - Thank you! I'm glad you noticed my random rant about the badge! I thought it might be a little far-fetched, but I thought it would be neat to try and explain why a blue feather makes sense in the Pokemon-relm!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

You are a shrine building demon, holy cow! I love how you are pumping out all these wonderful new shrines.

So, I'm sure much to many fan's chagrins, I've totally missed on out 3rd gen games and I don't know any of the gym leaders and I know so little about the featured Pokemon. I just know I can tell when it's a 3rd gen based on it's style. Anyway! This shrine is helping me to learn a little bit more about her and the role she plays in the story for that generation. I think that's great!

And in general I am happy to see more gym leader shrines! ♥ ♥ Great job, Megan! (I'll have to link you later~)
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

Thanks so much, Destinie! <3 I really appreciate it! I'm glad that it is helping you to learn about the further generations! Making the sites help me as well because I didn't play very far into them...