Weird WordPress Spam Comments Error

Everything related to the visual and coding aspects of websites.
Masao
Host

Re: Weird WordPress Spam Comments Error

Post by Masao »

It might, but 500 errors are a pain, and the easiest way to find out what the issue is is to ask your host. Sometimes it's a server configuration issue that they can take care of better. Otherwise I can only imagine backing up your database and doing a fresh install.
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

OK :) Thank you for your advice on this! :D :D if I hadn't asked here, I would have probably ended up with a huuuuge mess LOL
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

AdriCULOUS wrote:
Robin wrote: (Side note: I am looking for a new plugin that will auto-tweet when I post a new article on my update blog--Tweet My Post no longer really works that great. I don't think it's the cause of the spam comments problem, though)
I know it's an old thread but I don't see anything about a "no necroposting" rule. :?:

Jetpack is my #1 plugin. There is a feature called "Publicize" where you can auto-tweet your posts; you even have the option of auto-post this on Facebook, Google+, and Path. You probably found a solution to this, but just in case, I'd throw this in. ^^
Thank you for the suggestion! As far as I can tell, Jetpack appears to be free now (it wasn't before, which is why I didn't install it)?
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org