Precious Memories

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Crystal

Precious Memories

Post by Crystal »

I come with a new site! I've been so obsessed with this game since my sister let me borrow it and then Destinie convinced me to make a shrine so here we are!

Precious Memories a Rune Factory 4 shrine

The shrine is complete minus one page which I'm trying to figure out what I want to do for it. Should hopefully be up soon. I wanted to get the shrine up today as October 1st was the NA release date for this game and I thought it would be amusing to open the shrine on the same day.

I'm also looking for new ideas so if there is anything else you think I should add let me know! It feels so tiny.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Lethe

Re: Precious Memories

Post by Lethe »

aaaah the layout looks even prettier than in the preview!! Glad you ended up adding the personal music parts to the site - it really adds a lot, and reading your thoughts is fun! :>
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Thank you Lethe! <3
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Awesome! Pretty layout as always! :D I like the overview of the game, plus the blurbs on each character, and the music section especially is very personally connected. What are you planning to do for the Selphia page? :)

Also, a couple of typos/weird phrasing I spotted:
Characters > Kiel: "Always has his nose nose in a book"
Characters > Leon: "A man once sealed in Leon Karnak."
About > first paragraph: "North Amercia"
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Thanks Robin! I haven't entirely decided how I'm going to do it yet but I want to write something for each of the story arcs.

I see the Kiel typo you're talking about but I don't see the other two. Where are they? (Also I don't really get the Leon one. It seems fine to me.)
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Very cool! I was just thinking that the site seemed to be lacking actual gameplay info, so that would probably cover most if not all of that aspect of the game. ^_^

I listed the Leon sentence because it doesn't make sense to me--it doesn't feel like a complete thought. I was thinking perhaps it went with the second sentence in the paragraph and just didn't get connected or something. (The current sentence structure is "A man once sealed in Leon Karnak. Easygoing and loves messing with people..." etc., so I was thinking maybe you meant "A man once sealed in, Leon Karnak is easygoing and loves messing with people...")

The "North Amercia" typo appears on the "Website" page in this sentence: "I started work on the shrine at the beginning of September and finished on October 1, 2015––the day Rune Factory 4 was released in North Amercia!"
withinmyworld.org
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Leon Karnak is the name of the tower Leon was sealed in. I can see how it would seem that way.

Maybe it's just my writing skills not being that great but I still can't see what's wrong with it. D:
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Oh ok! I didn't know anything about the tower (never played Rune Factory games), so I was like "wtf is Leon Karnak? First name, last name?" XD sorry about the confusion on my part! :P

Maybe phrase it like "A man once sealed in the Leon Karnak tower" or something, make it clearer for those of us who have no knowledge of the RF series? ^_^
withinmyworld.org
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Yeah I may have to rewrite those. I used the descriptions directly from the game so I guess it could be confusing to those who have never played a Rune Factory game. No big. It's the sort of feedback I'm looking for. I'd like it to be accessible to everyone. :D
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Yeah, the rest of the site functions well as an intro, so that will just help round it out! (Especially with the story arc section :D)
withinmyworld.org