Transformation

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Crystal

Transformation

Post by Crystal »

After being online for six years I am happy to finally call this site COMPLETE. I decided I wanted to work on it one day and so I did. I surprise myself sometimes. Let me know what you think!

Transformation :: Shiki Misaki of The World Ends With You

:D
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Transformation

Post by Robin »

WOO HOO!! Congrats on getting the site complete! And what a lovely dedication to this character :D I didn't know doodly squat about the game when I clicked on the link, but your site is accessible and easy to understand nonetheless.

(And yes, random spurts of motivation are awesome!! xD)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Thank you Robin! I tried to make it understandable for those unfamiliar with the game (that was a complaint when I first opened it) so I'm glad it worked. :D

And yes they are! I must find more of them.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Congratulations on finishing it :D I know from Twitter you've been working on this for a while. ^^ It looks awesome!
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

aaaaaah I'm so glad you've finished expanding/reworking it; you already know how much I adore Shiki and the previous version! :star: That gallery expansion ooooh!! :heart:

You did a really great job at outlining all the elements of "The Game", too, going well beyond the minimum that's needed to understand Shiki as a character! The "Appearance" section is so lovely, especially with the inclusion of the ending screenshot!!

(If I may suggest something, I think it might be better to shorten the last paragraph on "Her Dream" or remove it, because it is repeated almost in its entirety under "Relationships". =x)

And making that song section to round out the shrine is a lovely idea! <3

Again, great job, Crystal! \o/
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

@Mikari: Thank you! <3

@Lethe: Thank you Lethe! :D I remember someone, back when Amassment was still in Livejournal, mentioning when I first opened the shrine that TWEWY didn't make much sense to them so I thought in the revamp I should talk a bit about what the Game was about. I didn't realize how long it was gonna be by the time I finished it LOL. It was fun to write though. I love the Appearance page. I had to replay the couple days involving it so I could write it but I'm super happy with how it turned out. I wanted to add that image at the end when I found it. :D

Ohhhh now that you mention it. It never crossed my mind when I was proofreading the shrine. I'll have to do something about that. I'm almost wondering if I should rewrite it under Basic Profile or drop the page entirely. :X It feels too short compared to the rest of the shrine otherwise.

Wooooo! Thank you! I hated the three paragraphs on the site page so I thought it would be funner to write a whole section about why I chose the song. :D
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

I think you could add it to the basic profile or to the appearance section, since her dream is expressed in how she dresses and behaves (fixing Neku's pants, as you explicitly mentioned, for example, and then her attire and Mr. Mew, which is also a gameplay element since it's her "weapon"), and whatever doesn't fit into the section, you could put into the Eri/relationship part as is already the case (the conflict in particular).
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Samantha

Post by Samantha »

I already told you on twitter, but it looks amazing! I'm not familiar with the game, but I can tell you worked hard on it and know you've wanted it up for a while!
Delphine

Post by Delphine »

Congrats on getting this done Crystal /o\

To be honest, I'm not really familiar with this game although it crossed my mind to play it a few times! I played KH: Chain of Memories so I was trying to imagine what it was like by association and your explanations helped me to grasp a lot of the game as well :) I had a great time reading the shrine! I think I understand why you like her so much. I also feel like she had a great character developpment in the game too.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

@Lethe: Hmm yeah. Now I need to figure out how I'm gonna do it all. xD

@Samantha: Thank you Samantha! <3

@Delphine: Thank you! <3 And yeah she did. :D I loved watching her grow.