Contact Pages

Everything related to the visual and coding aspects of websites.
Eden

Contact Pages

Post by Eden »

So those of you who have a separate sub-domain or folder for your contact pages, how do you prefer to design them?

Do you make a whole layout for it, do you use forms, do you just create an image with your email? What other fun things do you think should go on a contact page?

I'm thinking of revamping mine and moving it to my non-fanisting collective. I already use a form which is handy, and I also list my email. I'm not sure if I want to use a full layout or not.

I'm also curious about what people name their sub-domain or folder: do you name it the standard "contact" or something witty like "hi"? :heh:
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
anon

Re: Contact Pages

Post by anon »

Usually I put my whole address in Unicode since spambots are unable to recognize it.

Forms get spammed so easily but I'm leaning towards them again because they're just so easy to use.
Todd

Post by Todd »

My contact page is here. I made it forever ago and haven't ever updated it. I should do that sometime soon!
Eden

Post by Eden »

Joe wrote:Usually I put my whole address in Unicode since spambots are unable to recognize it.

Forms get spammed so easily but I'm leaning towards them again because they're just so easy to use.
I never thought of displaying my email in unicode. That's really clever, I might try that! My form hasn't gotten any spam since I had it up, but I'm currently doing my own form in Django since my host allows me to use Python. :D
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
Puppeteer

Post by Puppeteer »

I recently revamped my own contact page, which is about 10x simpler than what I previously had (I had a form for like, every possible thing people would have contacted me about). After awhile I realized it's not a place I expect people to be for very long (at least in my case), so I didn't spare too much time designing it.

That being said, I've toyed around with making a more complicated layout for it just because it is one of the more personal and free areas of a collective. Perhaps in the future~
[People have a weakness for forbidden things.]
Juhi

Post by Juhi »

I have a contact info page on my domain. The page is not all that elaborate; it's just another page in the "domain" section. Not fancy-spancy layout or anything. I used to use forms, but they got spammed like a boss.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I used to have a contact page but now I just have an email form on my collective. People can also pm me on any site I'm active at, but there are many and they're all listed there anyway so it feels repetitive to list them on another page. The form is a simple php mailer. I only get spam like once a month or less so it's not bad... At least not yet. It's so accessible I think it even encourages people to use it.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

I don't have a contact page, I just put in my email more or less disguised at some point in the exits page of each site and that's it (blahblahblah@MYPANTSblahblah.com, remove my pants to get my mail)...

The reason why I prefer to avoid forms is that I know that I would never use one XD I don't know, I just prefer to use my own email?...
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

lol I'm lazy so I like forms. XD Email would make it easier to keep track of what you've send in... ah but having to open the inbox and click around so much hard work D: (haha I'm so lazy :P)
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I have a contact page located here which I use everywhere around my domain just to make things easier for me. I've got a little bit of everything going on although it could really use a revamp. It still works though so I haven't made it a huge priority.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.