Contact Pages

Everything related to the visual and coding aspects of websites.
Mikari

Re: Contact Pages

Post by Mikari »

It looks good, simple but elegant.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I agree with Mikari. I think it looks awesome. :D
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Ava

Post by Ava »

I was completed influenced by Shiori's contact page. When I stumbled upon it a couple years ago, it was a eureka moment. The idea of using an image with an email written was the perfect for the person who doesn't like to type his or her address out.

Here's my contact page. Super simple email-via-image, submission form, and links back to the action.
Dreams are meaningful when you work toward them in the real world.
If you merely live within the dreams of other people, it's no different from being dead.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I like it too. Simple yet elegant and affective.
Saya

Post by Saya »

Mine is outdated, I should really update it =), anyway it's here
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

@Saya: it's super cute!

I noticed someone a bit odd about contact pages. When I had blank fields identified with words such as "name" "email" etc. next to them, I got attacked by spambots like crazy. Then I switched to identifying each field inside the field itself like this and the spamming stopped. I didn't change the code or anything, just that one little detail was enough to confuse spambots and keep them away. It might be something to try out if anyone is having trouble with spam.
Ava

Post by Ava »

Mikari wrote:When I had blank fields identified with words such as "name" "email" etc. next to them, I got attacked by spambots like crazy. Then I switched to identifying each field inside the field itself like this and the spamming stopped.
This is a brilliantly simple yet effective idea. I will definitely try out that useful tip.
Dreams are meaningful when you work toward them in the real world.
If you merely live within the dreams of other people, it's no different from being dead.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

It's so simple I wonder why it even works, yet it somehow does. Just with that, I've gone from 10+ spam messages to 0. O.o;; I wondered for a moment if I had messed up the form, but real messages made it into my inbox after the change, so the form is still working. XD
Kibumie

Post by Kibumie »

I use a personal contact form, and I also wrote my email somewhere on that page. My contact form has a different layout from my main site because I use it to link with my other fanlistings.
aminuet .。. king
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

I finally got around to making a contact page! :D It is quite simple, but I do plan on adding an email form sometime in the near future. Now that that's done, I have the joyous task of updating all my sites with the link to it.. :bleh:
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.