Shrining Music?

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Robin
Events Staffer

Shrining Music?

Post by Robin »

As an avid musician and music lover, I find myself absolutely adoring certain songs, and I'd love to feature them on a shrine...but how do you shrine a song, anyway? It feels weird to dedicate a WHOLE site to just one song...?

Has anyone ever done a site about a single song before? If so, how did you handle it?
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Crystal

Re: Shrining Music?

Post by Crystal »

I have! I have a shrine for the Song of Storms from the Legend of Zelda video game series. While I don't really remember much of my thoughts on the making of it there can be a lot to talk about. You just gotta figure out what that is. With my Song of Storms shrine I talked about the series it's from and some of its appearances in other games and other things too.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

I see absolutely nothing wrong with a one pager to a song, myself. If it has lyrics, maybe talk about them?
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I considered doing one, but life got busy and I didn't. I was going to talk about why I like it and the ways I interpret the lyrics.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I think there's a lot of material you can do for a song shrine and I would be really excited to see one! Here are my thoughts on the types of things you can write about:

The song writer's intent behind the song. What were they thinking when they wrote it? Why did they write it? What does it mean for them?

Why do you like the song? What does it mean to you? Do you have a certain memory or do you associate the song with something? What were your initial thoughts when you first heard it?

Analyze the song outside of the song writer's intent.

How is this song used in other places? Is it used in any commercials? If so, do you think it's a good fit? Do you think it's a good song? Is it controversial? Is the song popular, many years old, played a lot on the radio? What do you think makes the song persist or what makes it good?

Is there a music video? What is in the video? Do you think it matches the song? What would you do differently? How does the video make you feel versus how the song makes you feel?

Hehe I wonder if that's enough to ponder??
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Good to know I'm not the only one who's wondered about this! I have a song I really love that I've thought of making something for. I just never knew what I could include on it besides the lyrics and screenshots from the music video.

Wow Destinie, those are some awesome ideas!
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Destinie: WOOT! :D :D :D Much idea, so inspiration, such list, wow!! I think I can definitely make a song shrine (or 12) now, LOL!

(BTW, are you secretly an English major? ^o^)
withinmyworld.org
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

CuriousLittleBird wrote:@Destinie: WOOT! :D :D :D Much idea, so inspiration, such list, wow!! I think I can definitely make a song shrine (or 12) now, LOL!

(BTW, are you secretly an English major? ^o^)
AHAH I am *not*. Interesting anecdote: My mother (back in the day) wanted me to go to school to be an English major. How about that.

I'm glad it helped! If I think of more things I will definitely let you know. I'm really good at asking questions ehehe.
Kiel

Post by Kiel »

I have a shrine-ish-like fanlisting for PURE SNOW, if that counts? For the information section I wrote about things like its history, creative team, the franchise it's tied in with, all the CDs it's been released on, etc. I didn't write about the artist because I already have a fansite for her, but doing so otherwise would probably make for an interesting and lengthy segment.

It also had a media section I ended up scrapping but for the life of me I can't remember what was in it. Streaming audio and links to Youtube/Nico videos, I think? I might redo it now that you guys have gotten my brain rolling with ideas. :>
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Kiel: Woot! INCOMING MUSIC SHRINES :D
withinmyworld.org