Quinquennial

Share any other websites of yours that are not fansites or shrines.
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Quinquennial

Post by dubiousdisc »

Me and Denise were thinking about AMVs and how hard it is to keep them online on video sharing sites since they might get pulled down without notice (we noticed that especially with Pokémon-related things; I don't know about now, but at least back in the day the publishers of Pokémon movies were apparently on a crusade to take down any fan work), so I proposed that we just host them ourselves, and since we're at it might as well make a little page to showcase them...

Presenting Quinquennial Studios AMVs. The name is just a joke on how long we take to make them :P

Any feedback is welcome!
Todd

Re: Quinquennial

Post by Todd »

Haha, those are awesome!

I made one a long time ago, but it got pulled down for copyright infringement. It was Final Fantasy vids. It kind of makes me a little paranoid about my Final Fantasy sites, because I've made layouts with official images.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

What a neat idea for a site! I know what you mean about YouTube taking videos down. That can be frustrating. :/ (I don't make videos myself but I've had some that I liked to watch/listen to be taken down.)

Both your and Denise's videos are lovely! I really should get around to watching Little Nemo someday. It's only been 25 years. lol
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I miss watching hilarious AMVs so bad...my sister and I made a compilation back in the day. I can't wait to watch the heck of them! ♥
neo

Post by neo »

I haven't really watched AMV much in the past, If I did, it was on mute because my music taste didn't really match ^^".

But I have to say, I really love what you guys have put together!

Denise- Nemo actually used to scare me when I was little XD (THAT TRAIN OMG). The music kind of has a haunting feel, so I think the music you chose for that one really fits with it.

DD - Man, I started to tear up ;-;. Not only re-living that movie but starting to imagine what kind of pain Mewtwo may have felt coupled with that song?!

Great work you guys - I can't wait to see your next AMVs ^__^ Especially HMC and Mushishi!
Last edited by neo on Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VICTORY WITH EVERYTHING WE HAVE
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Thank you everyone!

Todd: Even with game stuff?! Wow, wtf? D:
I still don't get why would publishers whine and stomp their feet about a fan that has made a tribute to a work they supposedly want to gain more popularity. And then their job description is trying to get more people to like them so they can make money. Yeah, being mean to your fans is the way! :(
It makes the folks that are actually appreciative of their fanbases shine in comparison. For example, this is not game or movie or anything, but the song we're going to use with the Metropolis AMV is by a band who doesn't shy away from thanking people when they repost and share their work and they reply to anyone who asks for lyrics or clarifications on their songs' meanings on random Youtube videos, and it makes me so happy to see them being nice to their fans. ;_;

Sarah: I actually watched Little Nemo just last year, haha! And I wasn't even aware it was a big thing. I guess that one never got that much exposure in my side of the world when I was a child. It was still nice, so I guess there's always time :D

Destinie: I assume you had seen the Evangelion Rammstein one with the dude's creepy growling in German synchronized with Asuka talking, right? XD I still watch that one from time to time and laugh like the first time...

Neo: Was that back when EVERY video was with Linkin Park? XD
I'll forward your compliments to Denise! :D
Apparently 16-year-old me was good at incredibly depressing videos, lol.
The Howl one is Denise's and it's basically ready, I hope she can show that to the world soon because what I've seen of it is absolutely gorgeous! Actually she makes me feel bad about mine because mine basically fell into place with minimal editing and hers are insane in terms of editing. Her skills are so insane they make me feel like I'm cheating with mine. XD
The one with Mushishi, we'll have to see what we can do with it because while we have a perfect song for it, it's also a nine minutes long song, eek. Denise says we can do it because we'd have a lot of footage to pick from and I think she's right, I just wonder if we're able to keep things interesting with a slow song of nine minutes. On the other hand Mushishi itself is pretty slow and most of the show is beautiful nature shots, really, so we'll see what we can do. :D