LGBT-friendly games

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
high seraph

Re: LGBT-friendly games

Post by high seraph »

ooooh so you're the main character in FE:A? I haven't really read too much about it, I was just assuming it followed the same structure from Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones (the only games in the series I've played), where you are essentially playing as a nameless, genderless, voiceless tactician haha. Yeah, in that case, it really does matter, but I still wouldn't exactly boycott it.

I've played Persona 3 and 4 after all, to games that are 50% about getting romantically involved with your friends, and the fact the ships have been strictly heterossexual is something that has bothered me for a long time, even if some of the m/m relationships end up giving faint hints of a distant gay possibility. (I've read that Persona 2 Innocent Sin allows for a gay relationship but that's the exact reason why it never got translated lol). Still, I find them to be really enjoyable, probably for the same reasons why I wouldn't be frustrated with FE:A to boycott it.

I guess, ultimately, there is a really thin line between games like Tomodachi Life and games like FE:A/Persona, that honestly I can't quite figure out. To an extent, it's ok to me that Persona and FE don't feature LGBT characters. But it doesn't seem ok in a game like Tomodachi Life at all. Idk. One thing that's certain is that all of those games would be 500% better if they included the possibility for same sex romance.
          • ♕ ♔ nightly dance of bleeding
            swords remind me that i still live.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

I mean, it's still a different thing yet with Fire Emblem and I'm not going to boycott it for so little, but I would think they could have done that...

I'm mostly really pissed at the taking out thing of Tomodachi :( There's a difference between not including and...what they did...That's on a completely different level of horrible. D:
Todd

Post by Todd »

RE: Fire Emblem: Awakening: The point of marriage in the game was to produce the second generation - Lucina and the rest, so I'm not too butt-hurt by not being allowed gay supports in that game, but like DD said, Tomogachi Life is completely different. I'm irate every time I think about it.
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

Fable 2 + 3 are very LGBT friendly. You can marry whoever you want (and as many people as you want lol. They get pissed when they find out about each other tho!). None of the clothes and appearance-related stuff are gender restricted too which is awesome. The games have their flaws, but they're pretty cheap now and really fun sandbox games.
seek you the sun-cryst, slumb'ring star. in tower on distant shore it dreams.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

high seraph wrote:I've played Persona 3 and 4 after all, to games that are 50% about getting romantically involved with your friends, and the fact the ships have been strictly heterossexual is something that has bothered me for a long time, even if some of the m/m relationships end up giving faint hints of a distant gay possibility. (I've read that Persona 2 Innocent Sin allows for a gay relationship but that's the exact reason why it never got translated lol). Still, I find them to be really enjoyable, probably for the same reasons why I wouldn't be frustrated with FE:A to boycott it.
Actually Persona 2 was translated recently and released on the PSP! The real reason why it was not translated until then wasn't the homosexual relationship, which Atlus kept, but the fact that Hitler is an antagonist. THAT is what Atlus censored in the release (by giving him sunglasses and naming him Fuhrer instead, lol).

But yeah, definitely hoping for some same-sex option(s) in Persona 5! And for more of Kanji in Persona Q :3
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

nyxmidnight wrote:Actually Persona 2 was translated recently and released on the PSP! The real reason why it was not translated until then wasn't the homosexual relationship, which Atlus kept, but the fact that Hitler is an antagonist. THAT is what Atlus censored in the release (by giving him sunglasses and naming him Fuhrer instead, lol).
Okay, I'm derailing the thread a bit, but now that you've said that I want more information about this thing and possibly pictures because I have yet to play this series but I feel like this is something that I need to know about NOW.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Certainly!

Persona 2: Innocent Sin (title not referring to homosexuality) is a PS1 game that was overhauled for the PSP. You play a teenage boy, Tatsuya Suou, in a world where rumours are more and more becoming reality. His childhood friend, Jun Kurosu, is a walking, talking spoiler, but also gay and in love with Tatsuya. If you so choose, you can return his affection and become his lover. Sadly it's not like a social link in P3 or P4, so there is no scene heavily implying that you bone him, but there is a mechanism in P2IS called Demon Contacts, where you can interact with enemy demons and try to get them to like you enough to give you tarot card to make Personas. When Tatsuya and Jun contact a demon together, they flirt with each other (if they are lovers).

Also Jun kills his enemies with flowers. Badass.
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I didn't have much to offer on this thread recently but I was browsing through Ren'Py's Game list and they have a bunch of indie games (VN and RP) that focus on different sexualities. I haven't tried it yet but this one http://games.renpy.org/game/lgal-great- ... -guardians looked really interesting. (I was really drawn to the artwork, no pun intended.)

I think it's probably easier to find more LBGT friendly content in Indie games.
Saya

Post by Saya »

I know it's a MMO, but FF14 is introducing weddings, and it will let characters of same sex get married. We are waiting like crazy for it, me and my friend have male characters and we'll wed them :)
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Nomi

Post by Nomi »

@Saya oooh! I've been wanting to start FF14 but what you just said made me want to try it more

I heard Skyrim is very open about marrying just about anyone, but I haven't played that myself. Does anyone here know about how it is on that game?

There's also a commercial otome game (...because I play those most) called Gekka Ryouran Romance that allows the female main character to go for a female love interest as a love interest, not as friends like in most otome games, it's just one character but I wish more commercial dating sims would even consider giving the option ):