Adrien Brody has arrived!

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Lethe

Re: Adrien Brody has arrived!

Post by Lethe »

Wow, like wolfrun said, I'm so surprised you've managed to pump this out so soon after debating things in Shrine Betas haha! (And gosh the shoutout to Amassment awww.)

I love how you broke up your fandom process - and you even have the exact years mentioned! I know there are things I'm into today that I haven't always been into, and the longer it takes for something to grow on me, the more I tend to appreciate it once it hits me with full force. It's great to see that outlined on a page.

I like how your filmography page also functions as a list to show what you haven't seen yet lol! Also YES for showing off your collection of his work - I love it even more because this is not just a shrine, but a fanlisting. It's so fitting! And the "granted wish" bit on your wishlist is a great thing to include too!

As others have said, you're off to a great start already, and it doesn't even feel incomplete, which only makes one look forward to things you still have in store. I feel like this subject, the way you decided to introduce others to it, and the way you've structure the shrine make it very easy to add continuous updates to the site, which is a great thing - especially if you like the subject so much. :>
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Lethe wrote:Wow, like wolfrun said, I'm so surprised you've managed to pump this out so soon after debating things in Shrine Betas haha! (And gosh the shoutout to Amassment awww.)

I love how you broke up your fandom process - and you even have the exact years mentioned! I know there are things I'm into today that I haven't always been into, and the longer it takes for something to grow on me, the more I tend to appreciate it once it hits me with full force. It's great to see that outlined on a page.

I like how your filmography page also functions as a list to show what you haven't seen yet lol! Also YES for showing off your collection of his work - I love it even more because this is not just a shrine, but a fanlisting. It's so fitting! And the "granted wish" bit on your wishlist is a great thing to include too!

As others have said, you're off to a great start already, and it doesn't even feel incomplete, which only makes one look forward to things you still have in store. I feel like this subject, the way you decided to introduce others to it, and the way you've structure the shrine make it very easy to add continuous updates to the site, which is a great thing - especially if you like the subject so much. :>
Thanks so much. I really appreciate how much time you've taken to look through it. And the shout out to Amassment is totally true. The first time I came here, I felt like I'd found my people.

I had been attempting to keep up with a review blog for Brody's movies, but I knew in my heart it was far too "cold" a format for me. I couldn't keep up with it because it wasn't fun. Shrining for him is. :)

Those unseen items on that filmography bug the heck out of me! Well, not the ones that haven't been released yet, but the older ones: the Annie McGuire episode and Bullet Hearts. Oy.
Last edited by FandomSavant on Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant.com - home of my stuff
Twitter: @FandomSavant
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

It's great that you added extra information to this site and you got it posted so quickly too! I like the light and color effects you used on the layout.
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Mikari wrote:It's great that you added extra information to this site and you got it posted so quickly too! I like the light and color effects you used on the layout.
Thank you so much, I really appreciate that. :-)

Hi! I'm Patricia.

Andrea

Post by Andrea »

Adrien Brody is also one of my favorite actors, though I definitely haven't seen as much of his work as you have! I loved him in The Pianist and in his sillier roles like Midnight in Paris and The Grand Budapest Hotel (ugh, I love that movie).

I really enjoyed reading the sections you have up so far, especially the ones that felt more personal, such as Why Adrien Brody?, A Fan's Process, Wishlist ("father of an aspiring rapper," LOL, that WOULD be amazing, omg) and My Collection (you have so... many! SO MANY!). Although it's not complete yet, the site didn't feel empty at all! You're off to a fantastic start, and I'm definitely looking forward to more pages where you talk the characters he has played (or... didn't play, haha).

Your passion and love for him really shines through in all the pages, and I... Just, dude. I felt for you when I scrolled through the Filmography page and saw the bolded titles. It feels like such a GREAT INJUSTICE that you—as such a big fan of his—hadn't seen each and every one of his works. I hope you manage to complete the list one day; I'll be rooting for you!

Everything is organized well and the layout is also lovely with its soft colors and aahhhh, it's just really pretty. :content: Nice work!
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Andrea wrote:Adrien Brody is also one of my favorite actors, though I definitely haven't seen as much of his work as you have! I loved him in The Pianist and in his sillier roles like Midnight in Paris and The Grand Budapest Hotel (ugh, I love that movie).

I really enjoyed reading the sections you have up so far, especially the ones that felt more personal, such as Why Adrien Brody?, A Fan's Process, Wishlist ("father of an aspiring rapper," LOL, that WOULD be amazing, omg) and My Collection (you have so... many! SO MANY!). Although it's not complete yet, the site didn't feel empty at all! You're off to a fantastic start, and I'm definitely looking forward to more pages where you talk the characters he has played (or... didn't play, haha).

Your passion and love for him really shines through in all the pages, and I... Just, dude. I felt for you when I scrolled through the Filmography page and saw the bolded titles. It feels like such a GREAT INJUSTICE that you—as such a big fan of his—hadn't seen each and every one of his works. I hope you manage to complete the list one day; I'll be rooting for you!

Everything is organized well and the layout is also lovely with its soft colors and aahhhh, it's just really pretty. :content: Nice work!
Yay! A fellow Brody fan! *high five* Thank you so much for your comments and compliments. It really means a lot that you looked through with such care.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Oh, wow, this is really something! I love how you broke down the content -- I saw your post in the Shrine Betas forum so I know you have a lot more planned, but what you have up already is already really impressive. I really enjoyed the page about your entry into fandom in particular; I know from experience that fandom can be a long winding road for some things, and quite sudden for others. It's always really interesting learning how someone got into something, and I love that you wrote so much about it. :heart:

I'm really impressed that you've seen so much of his filmography, as well! Your dedication really shows. :heart: The entire "works" section is super neat, and I love your "wishlist" in particular.

Honestly, every page of this site drips with how passionate you are about Adrien and his work, and I can't wait to see you add more to it to make it even better! :heart: I'm glad the community was able to inspire you.
tonight fate is the
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Larissa wrote:Oh, wow, this is really something! I love how you broke down the content -- I saw your post in the Shrine Betas forum so I know you have a lot more planned, but what you have up already is already really impressive. I really enjoyed the page about your entry into fandom in particular; I know from experience that fandom can be a long winding road for some things, and quite sudden for others. It's always really interesting learning how someone got into something, and I love that you wrote so much about it. :heart:

I'm really impressed that you've seen so much of his filmography, as well! Your dedication really shows. :heart: The entire "works" section is super neat, and I love your "wishlist" in particular.

Honestly, every page of this site drips with how passionate you are about Adrien and his work, and I can't wait to see you add more to it to make it even better! :heart: I'm glad the community was able to inspire you.
Thank you so much! I'm really itching to add more character pages to the work section. Unfortunately, I have three fanlistings to build at the moment, so my time is short. I'm definitely taking notes, though, so it'll be easier to write when I finally sit down to do it.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

Chibi

Post by Chibi »

This is a really lovely tribute! :heart: It was a pleasure to read, especially the section where you describe how you came to like this actor so much. It's an amazing tribute, full of all your dedication to him and it really shows! I can't wait to read all the other pages you want to add.

Great job! :star:
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Chibi wrote:This is a really lovely tribute! :heart: It was a pleasure to read, especially the section where you describe how you came to like this actor so much. It's an amazing tribute, full of all your dedication to him and it really shows! I can't wait to read all the other pages you want to add.

Great job! :star:
Thank you so much. :) I'm hoping to add more soon. I ended up with a few things "upcoming" all at once, but when I get those up and running, it's back to Brody obsessing. ha ha. ;)

Hi! I'm Patricia.