Strike Like Lightning

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Crystal

Re: Strike Like Lightning

Post by Crystal »

I really like the format you've started using to present your information. It's easy to navigate and looks cool. I also really like the name. <3
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

Thank you!!! I have been trying to make it easier on the viewer to navigate through! :D Glad you like it!
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
high seraph

Post by high seraph »

Congrats on your shrine!

I played Tales of Symphonia (and Dawn of the New World, but we don't talk about that) early last year and I can confirm that remembering the entire plot is really difficult, and Yuan's role can easily be forgotten. To be honest, the only memory I had of him before reading through your shrine is that he had a weird blue mustache -- but then I saw the images and realized that he does not!!! wow!!!!! I'm impressed that there's so much back story for Yuan revealed (or at least clarified) outside of the game, and I'll be sure to check out these materials eventually.

I love that you took your time to talk about a minor character and how detailed your shrine is, without being exhausting! :content: Besides, I like how the text is presented in an easy-to-read way in your layout.

Man you really got me itching to play Tales games again wow..... I've only played Phantasia and Symphonia, and I have put something like 15 hours into Xillia (but I kinda hate Xillia). Maybe I'll pick Xillia up again sometime and... try to re-learn how to battle lmao.
          • ♕ ♔ nightly dance of bleeding
            swords remind me that i still live.
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

Thank you! Haha, that made me giggle that you thought Yuan had a mustache! I guess it's hard to tell with their chibi forms! :p Sometimes it's challenging to make something for a minor character, and I'm always worried that I either won't have "enough" or I'll come off too repetitive... so I'm glad that you enjoyed! Yes, you should try playing a Tales game again soon! :D
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

OH MAN YUAN. HEART EYES. I loved his character and his cheesy battle lines so much ("So you've come, like moths to a flame!" Yuan pls). I have also actually cosplayed Yuan and like two people knew who I was aside from the Tales group I was cosplaying with. Those two people made my con.) Anyway, so yeah, I'm SUPER PUMPED you got this finished, Megan!

I love how detailed this site is, especially considering Yuan isn't a major character. There's a lot of insight into him here, and a lot I'd never considered before - I really liked the page about lightning and how you've related it to Yuan and how you talk about Lloyd being a symbol of hope for Yuan. I'd also love to know more about his relationship with Martel!

And thank you for linking my Sheena site! <3 I'll link you back soon. :)
a spoony bard
mishiro

Post by mishiro »

Great job with getting the shrine up, Megan, and as usual, you're so productive! *o* I like how you just place all links on the main page and a brief caption of what it will be talking about~ I don't play Tales of but I can see that you've put in a lot of effort into this shrine and hope to read it soon! :D
From the earth, the land, the sea and sky
They can never win, but they sure can try

Icon by Megan
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

@Emma - Really?! Do you have any pictures of you cosplaying as Yuan?! That sounds awesome!! I bet you looked great! It's fun to find more people who love Yuan *_* Thanks so much for the compliments! I tried a different set up with Yuan and I liked the way it turned out as well! You're welcome! Love Sheena as well~

@Mishiro - Thank you thank you! You should definitely watch the OVA sometime, it goes by quickly and gives you a taste of the game!
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Megan wrote:@Emma - Really?! Do you have any pictures of you cosplaying as Yuan?! That sounds awesome!! I bet you looked great! It's fun to find more people who love Yuan *_* Thanks so much for the compliments! I tried a different set up with Yuan and I liked the way it turned out as well! You're welcome! Love Sheena as well~
Unfortunately not. ;-; I had a hard drive crash years ago and lost a bunch of photos, including all my cosplay ones. I managed to find a few photos of my other cosplays by searching online, but none of Yuan, unfortunately. (I mean, it wasn't that good, anyway - it was definitely a project waaaay beyond my skill level, but I had a lot of fun making it, and that's what counts.)

Figuring out how to set up sites can be tricky! So I tend to just do the same thing over and over again, haha. I like that you did something different, and it works really well. <3
a spoony bard