Setting Sun: Dream Saga

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Larissa
Time Traveler

Re: Setting Sun: Dream Saga

Post by Larissa »

I'm not familiar with Dream Saga, unfortunately, but I read through this the other day and found it really interesting. You've tucked a lot of neat information into this site and made it very accessible for those who aren't at all familiar with the work. The layout design is really effective for the content and lets you make your way through the information quite easily, although at times I found the accent colors (mostly the brown/orange tone) a little too dark to read. (I do have lousy eyes though.)

One thing is that while the collapsible content sections were really neat and an effective choice to bundle your pages, I had some trouble reading through the pages that way. On long sections, when I clicked through the next page (for example, when reading through the end of Organisms and clicking to Inventions) I wasn't scrolled all the way back up to the top of the section. Not sure if that's a Chrome bug or something else, but wanted to let you know.

I really enjoyed the Parallels section; since I'm not familiar with Dream Saga it was actually easier to get to know the series through comparisons with franchises I'm more familiar with. (All of your comments on FY were on point, ha.) You also reminded me I really need to get around to reading Please Save My Earth....

Anyway, this is a really lovely site! Congrats on making one of those long-wanted sites, they're always the best. :heart: :star: :heart:
tonight fate is the
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Thanks for reading my shrine, Larissa! <3 <3 I'll check the blockquote colour again later and see whether I can find one that I like just as much!

Yeah, that's a good thing to point out, and it bothers me about the collapsible divs too. I wish there were a thing that makes them scroll up to the beginning of the div once you open a new one... Without having to change it to not grouping the divs (= open all of them after each other) - though maybe people don't mind opening them all one after another hm. The thing is meant to be read in that order after all. But then it won't look neat and the scrollbar will get long SOB.

I went with collapsible divs because pages were meant to go together along with the intros, and some pages are really short, but I didn't want to present them all together (everything about characters and the world specifically), so I didn't want to make one big page per section OR to make many different pages, each of them with individual linked pages - mostly because I don't enjoy clicking on and reading short pages lol. I wonder what other alternatives there are hm.

(lolol @ FY /cough) I'm glad you enjoyed the Parallels section!! <3

Again, thanks for reading and for the feedback, and yes, totally, NEED TO MAKE MORE LONG-WANTED SITES and make all my dreams come true. :heart: :heart:
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

HOLD THE PHONE. I LOVEEEE MEGUMI TACHIKAWA. There is something about her stories and style that hold a special place in my heart, probably because Kaitou Saint Tail was my first true magical girl love~ So I have to say that I am so glad for this shrine because I never had gotten to read the series. ;-;

Things I find interesting are how the Tokyopop translations differ and change so much from the original Japanese. Your shrine also perfectly outlines all the information including all the uniqueness of the series from created months, materials, and I love how you have outlined all the key characters. You have so much great thought and information packed into this site. I particularly love the "Unexplored Potentials" section! Great job I am really loving this!
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Thank you, Destiniiiiiiiiie. <3 <3 <3 We'll all sit here wait for the day you can make the Kaitou Saint Tail shrine because damn it, I could only manage to find two volumes SOB.

Yessssssss thank you, those are totally the things that were of interest to me (I was like "haha omg is this me being too much of a nerd, but... MATERIALS"), too, plus getting rid of all the FEELS in the Unexplored Potentials section - it's one of the pages I wanted to write the most going into this shrine. ;_;

<3333
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I have not yet had the chance to read through the site yet but I am in love with the colors. <3
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Thank you! :D <3 I was just thinking... "Okay, I am studying for finals, but I'm sick of feeling dead and unmotivated for everything at the end of the day, let's try making a layout." And then I loved the colours so much I just had to start filling it with content.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I love it when that happens. :D
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.