The Oppressor

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Kibumie

The Oppressor

Post by Kibumie »

Hi! It's my first time plugging my shrine here in the forums. I think my last plug was in Amassment Livejournal. (those where the days xD) I've been really lazy and inactive at shrining lately. :pale: So for now, I tried to finish a one page, maybe it'll be a good restart to motivate me to make more. Or finish my other existing ones. haha. (I wanted to join the Creature Feature but I have no favorite creatures at the moment. sobs.)

Also, wow ( *A* )/ there are so many new and amazing shrines recently posted. I will definitely make it as my inspiration to motivate myself. hehe. Also to be more active in the forums so that I won't miss anything xD

This is a one page shrine I recently finished. *cough yesterday* I like shonen manga and "Kuroko no Basuke" series just one my heart since the first season of the anime was released. This site is dedicated to Akashi Seijuro, the number one antagonist in the series. (He's cute and I call him Butt Face Akashi).

It was fun making a shrine for a villain for the first time since I often make shrines for the protagonists. Getting into the side of the antagonist and figuring out what makes them interesting was a challenge, and I was able to get out of my comfort zone. :heh:
Akashi Seijurou Kuroko no Basuke
I think I've improved in my writing a bit too. haha. so embarrasing :ack2: I would like to thank Aku for motivating me to make a shrine for this guy. Or else I would have just laid on my bed and sleep. And also Cherri for taking the time and helping me find errors on my writing. Thank you so much aaaahhh :yay:

*If anyone wants to affiliates with me. I'm open for any shonen jump series, or Kuroko no Basket related sites.

Thank you for viewing. Happy Weekend guys! :blush:
aminuet .。. king
Mikari

Re: The Oppressor

Post by Mikari »

Awesome layout and very well written. :D
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

All your layouts are amazing and this one is no exception. Plus, using your own fanart in a layout is awesome. :D
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Aku

Post by Aku »

I already told you on Twitter/Skype but you're awesome, Kibu! I'm really glad that you pulled through and finished this shrine. ;~; I think it came out really beautifully! I didn't want to read too deeply into it (in case I ever actually read KNB 8D) but it seems like you've put a lot of thought into it too! (Could easily see this being a multi-page shrine. :o) Really proud of you gurl!
Tara
Freelance Staffer

Post by Tara »

I'm trying not to read too much into it since I eventually want to watch the anime, but it looks really good! :heart: I'm in love with the layout (and like, all your layouts!?). I like how it fits the screen perfectly. Also!! Adding a vocab section at the bottom is also really great--sometimes I need it if I'm reading from a series I'm not into or haven't been into for a while.
I used to practice smiling when i'm feeling sad, y'know.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

It's beautiful, Kibumie! *_* I love when people use their own art for layouts. And yours is always so gorgeous! I'll have to read through this soon.
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Kibumie

Post by Kibumie »

@Mikari: thanks Mikari! :heart: I'm so glad my writing is readable now. haha.

@Crystal: thank you very much Crystal! :heart: It was fun making a fanart while I was thinking of what I would write for the site. :heh:

@Aku: Thank you so much Aku :heart: yeah! the series has been really exciting so far. (probably because of butt face Akashi xD) I hope to work on it more soon, maybe when the series is over. :heart: :music: :music2:

@Tara: thank you so much Tara :heart: yes, it's a really good series. Let me know when you start with the series too. It's always fun talking about KNB because of the many characters xD I agree! When I just started shrining, I was given a good advice to add vocab section. I remember it was Destinie who told me about it. xD It's definitely good for viewers that are new to the series; for less confusion. :inlove:

@Sarah: thank you so much Sarah. :heart: Yep, take your time. Let me know if there are any other things I could improve. :D
aminuet .。. king
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

I'm not really into KnB, but I love the layout of this shrine! :heart: Plus, your fanart is gorgeous, Kibu! :D
neo

Post by neo »

HOLYCOW.
Akashi <3
Your illustration is incredibly beautiful!! I can tell you definitely have a strong personal connection to his character!
I 100% think this is perfect for anyone looking to learn more about him as well as what other KuroBasu fans think of him!
Awesome, Kibumie!
VICTORY WITH EVERYTHING WE HAVE
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

You're welcome! I loved reading through it. I gotta check out the series still. ^^
;o; *** pew! pew!