What are you playing?

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Emma
Time Traveler

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Emma »

If you have a PC that can run the games, the first two are also on Steam! They usually go really cheap now in the sales. :) I've also seen them frequently in the preowned section of GAME.

(Everyone should play Mass Effect - it's one of my favourite series.)
a spoony bard
dragoneyes

Post by dragoneyes »

dubiousdisc wrote:
dragoneyes wrote:
Camy wrote:Mass Effect 3. It's so lonnnnng yet so goooood.
In my opinion, if the game is good, being long is actually a pro XD
I think it depends on how long. I can deal with spending two months on a single game, but there are some that I realized that I'm not even halfway in and I've been dedicating one hour each day to this game for the last FIVE MONTHS!!! D: And yeah, that means it's a lot of content and I'm getting a lot out of my money...but it also means that by the end of the game I've forgotten the events from the beginning ;_;
It's probably that I'm used to play extremely long games, and most of those that come out nowadays seem to me very short in comparison. I don't mind taking months to finish them, mostly because I tend to play multiple stuff at the same time, so I switch between them according to my mood and don't get bored.
This dragon wishes you the best luck.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Saya wrote:
Camy wrote:
dragoneyes wrote:
Oh, don't get me wrong, I loooove long games if they execute it well. For instance, Devil May Cry 3. While I did get distracted (passive ADD), I still enjoyed it. I always read a walkthrough for that one, and ME3 and DA series since I know I may forget something or it doesn't cross my mind. /ramble
dubiousdisc wrote:I think it depends on how long. I can deal with spending two months on a single game, but there are some that I realized that I'm not even halfway in and I've been dedicating one hour each day to this game for the last FIVE MONTHS!!! D: And yeah, that means it's a lot of content and I'm getting a lot out of my money...but it also means that by the end of the game I've forgotten the events from the beginning ;_;
I have taken breaks from a game for several reasons, one being got a bit bored and wanted something new, two being another game grasped my attention, and three anime. It's strange how I take in some things and remember some key parts and can be slow remembering the rest. I sound like a robot XD
LOL games for me are always LOOONG because I am an inept at playing them

AND omfg I need to put my hands on masseffect1,2,3 for ps3 BUT CAN'T SEEM TO FIND IT!!!!! - found 2 and 3 but not 1 LOL
Games are usually long for me because I GRIND TOO MUCH. /looks at FFX characters with their independent sphere grids fully filled out before the halfway point of the game.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Games are usually long for me because of my crippling fear of failure stopping me from playing altogether :(
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

dragoneyes wrote:
dubiousdisc wrote:
dragoneyes wrote:
I think it depends on how long. I can deal with spending two months on a single game, but there are some that I realized that I'm not even halfway in and I've been dedicating one hour each day to this game for the last FIVE MONTHS!!! D: And yeah, that means it's a lot of content and I'm getting a lot out of my money...but it also means that by the end of the game I've forgotten the events from the beginning ;_;
It's probably that I'm used to play extremely long games, and most of those that come out nowadays seem to me very short in comparison. I don't mind taking months to finish them, mostly because I tend to play multiple stuff at the same time, so I switch between them according to my mood and don't get bored.
What would you consider long games, as examples? I'd call 60-70 hours to get to the end of a main storyline a game on the long side, for example.
nyxmidnight wrote:Games are usually long for me because of my crippling fear of failure stopping me from playing altogether :(
Nooo *hugs* :(
Saya

Post by Saya »

I shall worship you Cammy.
Anyway this weekend I'm so gonna go with PS on that page and download XD
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
dragoneyes

Post by dragoneyes »

dubiousdisc wrote:
dragoneyes wrote:It's probably that I'm used to play extremely long games, and most of those that come out nowadays seem to me very short in comparison. I don't mind taking months to finish them, mostly because I tend to play multiple stuff at the same time, so I switch between them according to my mood and don't get bored.
What would you consider long games, as examples? I'd call 60-70 hours to get to the end of a main storyline a game on the long side, for example.
90-110 hours, including me getting sidetracked by side-quests.
...which happens EVERY SINGLE TIME since I tend to go into Perfectionist Mode while I play and whenever I see a side-quest I go "I NEED TO FINISH YOU BEFORE I CAN CONTINUE WITH THE MAIN QUEST, I DON'T CARE HOW MANY MONTHS IT TAKES *___*"
(At this point, it's fairly safe to say that "long games" are probably only western RPGs in my head XD)

I consider anything under 60 hours of gameplay to be short.
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

-pushes Skyrim to dragoneyes- It has so many side quests - PLUS, people can make their own and share them too. It's neverending XD
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
dragoneyes

Post by dragoneyes »

Camy wrote:-pushes Skyrim to dragoneyes- It has so many side quests - PLUS, people can make their own and share them too. It's neverending XD
DO NOT TEMPT ME WITH YET ANOTHER GAME! :pale2: :pale2: :pale2:
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Playing Final Fantasy X and helping Snow with Final Fantasy X-2.
;o; *** pew! pew!