Currently watching....?

Everything around Japanese animation and comics.
Destinie

Re: Currently watching....?

Post by Destinie »

Momo wrote:Free! ep 2 came out and if you aren't watching this then... um you aren't watching this.
I am wondering if I will continue watching it...I am such an art snob that their bodies freak me out. *shudders* Bishounen anatomy.... The first episode wasn't really what I thought it would be. I think I was looking for something that was more like a comedy.

I've started *finally* watching the Ranma 1/2 Anime. ♥ I've read the manga when I was younger but never was able to watch the anime. I'm so happy that anime is so much more easily accessible now. :D
Kibumie

Post by Kibumie »

Gin no Saji - Silver Spoon is a must watch! :blush: :heart: :heart: :music:
Episode 1 was so good and funny. I always enjoy Hiromu Arakawa's humour. hehe.
aminuet .。. king
anon

Post by anon »

Destinie wrote:
Momo wrote:Free! ep 2 came out and if you aren't watching this then... um you aren't watching this.
I am wondering if I will continue watching it...I am such an art snob that their bodies freak me out. *shudders* Bishounen anatomy.... The first episode wasn't really what I thought it would be. I think I was looking for something that was more like a comedy.
The show is a comedy, once you put aside Haruka and Rin's rivalry. :D I think you should give it another try.

I think their builds might be kind of thin because Japanese women's ideal body types for men are thin and lanky? And also because their body types are smaller than other races on an average.

Edit: According to this post the bodies are actually pretty accurate in regards to swimmers IRL
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@Jo maybe... I'm not really watching any other anime right now so I might give it another shot.
dragoneyes

Post by dragoneyes »

Re-watching Oh! Edo Rocket...that poor anime is completely under-appreciated :/
This dragon wishes you the best luck.
Kibumie

Post by Kibumie »

I am currently watching 8 series

1. Arata Kangatari - not much of a fan of arata, just watching this because I'm cheering for Yuu Watase
2. Brothers Conflict - I didn't read the novel, but I'm playing the game. Like any other otome turned to anime.
3. Danganronpa
4. Free! Iwatobi Swim Club - THIS ANIME IS SO MUCH FUN :inlove:
5. Gin no Saji - refreshing and warms your heart! BEST anime of the year for me. :blush: :heart:
6. Otome Youkai Zakuro
7. Watamote - sad and depressing
8. Yami Shibai - creepy and I like it
aminuet .。. king
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

Free! - Because, come on. FANSERVICE, but also because of how hilarious it is. And, fun fact, it's based on a light novel~
Brother's Conflict - Pure. Comedy.

That's about it [for now].
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

ok so I've been watching Free! as well......with Patrick....lol. I have to tell you I can't get over their incredibly creepy skeleton bodies. WHY ARE YOUR SHOULDERS PROTRUDING LIKE THAT STAHP. (I would like to do an illustration of them with proper anatomy...) I don't know why I keep watching it...

I have to say that I respect it for what it is. Yes, thank you, I would like an anime about dudes in speedos. Maybe there will be more??

Aside from that we are rewatching Shirokuma Cafe and I started watching Fairy Tale. Wondering why I never watched it before? It's really spazztic and entertaining. :P
Varen

Post by Varen »

Currently watching Free!, Devil Survivor 2, and Makai Ouji at the moment. I can't say I have as strong interest as a lot of people feel for those shows (DS2 especially since I played the game already - though I feel this adaption did do a good job keeping things seriously instead of fanservice craze the game was).
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I just finished the Persona 4 anime :D