Your favorite video game?

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Crystal

Your favorite video game?

Post by Crystal »

Well I didn't see a topic like this yet so I thought I'd start one!

For those of us who play video games (which I think is a lot of people) what are some of your favorites?

For me I have quite a few. The most obvious one is probably World of Warcraft. *sweatdrop* However, I also quite like The Legend of Zelda series (Ocarina of Time being my most favorite), the Fire Emblem series, Pokemon, Golden Sun, The World Ends With You, Kingdom Hearts, and Final Fantasy X.

I'm sure there's more but those are the ones I can remember right now.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Re: Your favorite video game?

Post by dubiousdisc »

Oh man, this is going to be a hard list to write...

The Elder Scrolls IV and Quake III: probably my all-time favorites and the games I might have spent the most time on. They never cease to surprise me. Simcity 3000, Age of Empires II, Duke Nukem II, Rayman: my childhood. I will replay them forever and forever. Then the Pokémon RPGs, Super Metroid, Megaman 2, Kirby's Adventure, Riviera... And then the group of the "new" games - Bioshock, Borderlands, Dead Space, Mirror's Edge.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some game I adore to pieces but, well...
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Spyro the Dragon series, Sonic series, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and a lot of old school games like Super Mario Bros. and Tetris.
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Eden

Post by Eden »

The Binding of Isaac, Super Meat Boy, Gish, Recettear: An Item's Shop Tale, Chantelise, Fortune's Summoner, Bastion, Limbo, Puzzle Agent 1 and 2, Braid, VVVVVV, Aquaria, Nightsky, Obilus, World of Goo, Trine, Psychonauts.......thats my indie favorites list......

and I'll throw in mainstream... Legend of Zelda series, Final Fantasy 7 and 8, Parasite Eve, Resident Evil series, Half-Life series, Portal series, Left 4 Dead series, Sonic the Hedgehog series, Pokemon... thats all I can name off the top of my head.

Mainstream games have gotten bland now, and I abhor MMORPGs. I mostly stick strictly with indie games since I also develop them. ^_^;
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
Samantha

Post by Samantha »

My favorite game ever is still probably Persona 3, though I'm not quite sure why. I enjoy many of the Tales of games (specifically Abyss, Symphonia, Vesperia, Innocence & Graces) and the handheld Pokemon games. I also love Fire Emblem 9/10 and the Kingdom Hearts series!
Todd

Post by Todd »

Final Fantasy 10, 6, and 4. Super Mario Bros (all of them are great). Sonic the Hedgehog series, particularly Sonic Adventure. Mega Man 3. Chrono Trigger. Super Metroid.

...I like a lot of old games lol.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Todd wrote:...I like a lot of old games lol.
Haha, I'm like that to. I find a lot of the newer games to not really be all that appealing.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

Assassin's Creed series ([s]SHANKING PEOPLE AND RUNNING OVER PEOPLE ON HORSEBACK YEEEEEES[/s]), Devil May Cry 3 & 4 mostly (2 is dead to me and I'm still playing 1, god I'msodistractedffff), Portal, Portal 2, Terraria, Skyrim, Sims 2 & 3, Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition, Burnout 3: Takedown, Okami, Final Fantasy 7: Dirge of Cerberus (because it's shooter! XD), Halo 3 (so fun on co-op~), Alien Swarm, Ace Combat 4, Ace Combat 05, Gallop Racer 2003 or 2004 (for some fun haha), Crazy Taxi, and who knows what else that I'm - OH GOD FOLKLORE TOO (another one I need to finish).

What's another I know there's another... Oh yeah, the old Sonic the Hedgehog on Sega oh oh and Donkey Kong N64 game. I don't remember the titles |D
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Aku

Post by Aku »

Super tough! XD; I think I have a lot of different types of "favorites". Favorites based on nostalgia, favorites based on how often I play it, favorites based on story, etc. One of my all time favorite games that kind of encompasses all three of those things though is probably Super Mario RPG! I think it's one of the best RPGs ever. <33 Of the more recent-gen, I would say that I really love the Ace Attorney games from the bottom of my heart, as well as the Devil Summoner games. And I can replay Final Fantasy 10 endlessly. And there are certain series I'm a sucker for: I'll play pretty much every and any Harvest Moon, Trauma Center, or Tokimemo game, no matter how similar they are to one another haha!
Saya

Post by Saya »

I'll elaborate later, but... yeah I am Lame and my favorite is was will always be Kingdom Hearts Series! I just can't have enough of it =)
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.