Otome Games

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
anon

Re: Otome Games

Post by anon »

Destinie wrote:
Joe wrote:Dude, I've been attempting to play Starry Sky ~In Spring~ for the longest time but I got lazy. Maybe I should just play the summer game since I have a soft spot for Azusa but people have been complaining that it's nothing but popular voice actors whispering sweet things to you. I think a lot of people play it because of the voice actors than any of the fantasy aspects.
When searching for Otome games for the IPhone, I found a lot of these character clocks...or something...that would just have a character talking to you. They were called ~Sleepytime Boyfriend~ or something like that. I was completely confused, curious, and amused.

@Juhi I feel that way about the few games I've played. I guess they are expected to follow a certain formula to cater to that fanbase?
LOL marketing what have you. You'd be amazed at how many "boyfriend" CDs honeybee churned out when producing the games.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

The "boyfriend" thing is so weird to me. Like really weird. (But I'm sure if I had discovered this in my high-school days I would have been all over it.)
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I've found lots of games for the iPod :) I finished Road to Emerald, short but very fun and cute. It's like the Wizard of Oz with bishounen. XD Also playing Pure Love, Love Academi and Ninja Love, also for the iPod.
Kibumie

Post by Kibumie »

I like Otome games, my first otoge was Amnesia back in 2011. I've only played a handful otome psp games because my Japanese is not that fluent yet. I'm currently playing Norn9 and Brothers Conflict. :heart: I plan to play Glass Heart Princess afterwards and finish Amnesia Crowd. lol. :blush:

For Iphone, I've only played Wedding and only bought 2 characters because I feel like voltage is pretty expensive. haha.

I got bored playing Starry Sky ~In Spring~, i don't know, maybe that time I wasn't feeling it. lol. :content:
aminuet .。. king
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Has anyone heard of this iPhone/iPad app called 2/2 Lover?

The art is...amazing. It's like they did a watercolor texture illustration over top of a 3D model. You get to interact with the boys. (There's 2, an Angel and a Demon.) Unfortunately, this game has been out for a year or two but there is still no English translation. *SOB* And my Japanese is so limited. (Like I only understand when Hinata goes "Are wa sugoi genki!") Other than that I'm making up my own story.

Also, the best part about this game, is you get to interact with the dudes. You can poke them and they talk and it's hilarious and awesome. I think my friend and I spent an hour poking them and cackling like little school girls.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

OK 2/2 Lover has an English version now. Everyone should check it out, omg.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I'm downloading it as I type this XD looks like it'll be fun. ^_^ I haven't played any new otome games since Sweet Fuse.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Oh, it's probably the best iPhone Otome game I've played. It kind of stinks that it takes so long to get through the story but talking to the characters is hilarious!
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

I'm going to have to check this out. ;D *looks it up and scrolling through pictures* "Advancing is simple! Just touch the character as much as you can yo obtain Pink Hearts" My mind halted on reading that. I was like "WHUT."

I have to get this. xD And downloading....
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I've been playing the game mostly with the angel since he's there when I use the ipod in the afternoon. Though he's a bit neglected as I sometimes forget I even have the game installed, but they are both cute. Gotta give the night guy some more attention too XD *too lazy to switch their times around regularly*