CLAMP

Everything around Japanese animation and comics.
Saya

CLAMP

Post by Saya »

Because there are a lot of shrines dedicated to characters or series by the hand of these ladies.
We already know that you love clamp or you hate them, and that there is no way in the middle. They are this way, they destroy you from the inside out, and when you less expect it.

As for me, my favorite series by them are xxxholic, magic knight rayearth, rg veda.... these are just top 3, because I'm kinda insane, and actually I love all the stuff they've done =)

right now I'm trying to keep with Gate 7, because they managed to mingle together stuff I love: japanese history and supernatural japanese folklore....

And well one of my favorite characters is of CLAMP creation =)

If you are a clamp reader, which are the series you prefer and why?
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Re: CLAMP

Post by Sarah »

I've never been a big fan of CLAMP. The only series of theirs I thoroughly enjoyed is Angelic Layer. Shuuko is adorable, and I totally ship her and Icchan. :heart:
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Eden

Post by Eden »

Like Sarah, I never been a huge fan. I think the only works by CLAMP I liked were Chobits and Angelic Layer.
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I've never been a fan of a sinlge manga-ka really but CLAMP has a few series that I do like. Those being Card Captor Sakura, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronice, and xxxHolic. I really need to get caught up in those series (although in Card Captor Sakura I need to find the one book that I'm still missing). x.x
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Puppeteer

Post by Puppeteer »

I enjoy CLAMP's style and have an interest in a bunch of their series, but I only caught on to Cardcaptor Sakura really. I was on with TRC and xxxHolic for awhile, too.

I have been wanting to try X, since the character designs are pretty baller. No good source for it, though. :(
[People have a weakness for forbidden things.]
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

I've never been big on CLAMP myself, but for some reason I own all of X in Japanese. How did that even happen? :cry:
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

I wouldn't say I'm a fan of theirs either, but I've read many of their works and adore their art, especially their artbooks. The impression I get from their series is usually a combination of brilliancy and eccentricity, and I guess the latter sometimes deters me. :(

My favorite are Clover and Magic Knight Rayearth. I adore MKR because the story just seems to progress at a perfect pace - there is a good deal of character and relationship development in there without them being a delay or hindrance to the story, and to this day, I wish there were a RPG whose villains made me feel the way I felt when reading MKR for the first time.

I stopped reading Kobato a while ago after trying to pick it up time and again, but I plan to look into Gate 7 some day. :>
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Saya

Post by Saya »

@Sarah - Ah, yeah Angelic Layer is awesome, at least the manga for me, they made the anime really to much depressing, so I didn't enjoy it.

@Eden - Chobits and Angelic are connected and are really cute series, like them too =)

@Crystal - I luckily have the whole paperback Card Captor Sakura (in italian) and TRC and XXXholic in English =), you made me want to re-read the ccs =))))

@Puppeteer - X is really difficult to find, I have in paperback at least 3 different versions, and I don't know why I do =))))

@Shiroi - LOL, but MAN BLOOD-C!!!

@Lethe - yaaaah MKR is a special for me too, I loved all the characters there, and the villains are so good (well yeah, in all series they manage to do great villains). And yes their art is probably something I love the most when it comes to the series. Gate 7 is a little tricky, lot of people said it's boring, because at the beginning it's lot of history explaining so that we probably later on will be able to understand stuff. I still love it =)
Kibumie

Post by Kibumie »

I'm not a huge fan of Clamp but I do enjoy their works since I was young. More specifically CCS, and xxxHolic :blush:
aminuet .。. king
Saya

Post by Saya »

Kibumie wrote:I'm not a huge fan of Clamp but I do enjoy their works since I was young. More specifically CCS, and xxxHolic :blush:
Well yeah, clamp's series, in the end are all for adult people, even if mostly it's said shoujo or shounen =) - I see them as josei and seinen!