Bad Ass Bitches: Bi-Monthly Challenge

Brainstorm and set up your own events here for others to participate in!
Emrys

Re: Bad Ass Bitches: Bi-Monthly Challenge

Post by Emrys »

So after a rather turbulent couple of months with this directory (my host changing and the domain being down for 2+ months), I am planning a revamp of the site to get it back off the ground and I was wondering:

Is anyone still interested in the site challenge? Bimonthly or no. I was wondering if maybe I should change the challenge time to maybe be, like, four times a year (as in a new one every season) or something more broad. I'm more curious about whether or not people would still be interested in making shrines for female characters based upon a set prompt/theme?
Laura

Post by Laura »

I like the idea! I was busy for most of June and a good chunk of July so I didn't actually see the latest challenge until now. I think maybe having it as a seasonal event might be a bit better, as it would allow people more time to work on their sites. Most of the sites I'm making or plan on making involve badass ladies so I'd definitely sign up with them. :)

That being said, I'm not sure I would go out of my way to fill the prompt/theme but it depends on what it is. Maybe if the theme was broader, like a specific genre, it would be easier to come up with something? Like shounen, shoujo, fantasy, sci-fi, etc. :D
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

I'm interested still, because it's a great idea! I think both a longer time between challenges (like a seasonal site challenge rather than every two months) and a broader focus would be excellent modifications :)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

I'm definitely interested, and I do love the idea of the prompts. For me (and I'm sure I'm not alone in this), the problem is a lack of time. I've had so little time this summer to work on anything, it seems, and it makes me sad. So extending the time of challenges could help!
a spoony bard
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

I am~!
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

I'm still interested in your challenges too! They've given me ideas which I've started on, but, due to lack of time, I haven't been able to finish anything to submit yet. I also really like them as prompts, but I'm open to broader challenges as well.
isavarg

Post by isavarg »

I would be interested, but I've got a bunch of fanlistings which I need to convert to bellabuffs from not having a php script to manage them at all, so I can't really start work on a new site until then, no matter how much I want to. (It's why the Downtime Cantina has remained stagnant for such a long time.)