Libertatem - Sohma Isuzu (Fruits Basket)

From August to the end of October 2016, revamp your existing shrines to bring them up to your current standards! Add new content, refine existing content and sweep your shrines for any errors.
Laura

Libertatem - Sohma Isuzu (Fruits Basket)

Post by Laura »

To quote my updates page:
Although Libertatem was completed only a few months ago, I felt unhappy with the design of the site. When I was originally working on it, it was immediately after I had finished remaking my Kyo shrine and I was running pretty low on creative energy. I was determined to get the site up and running though, especially before the Fruits Basket marathon was over. As a result, I feel that the content of the site really suffered since I had no time to sit down and edit my writing.

In August 2016, Amassment launched a new event for revamping sites. Although I had a lot of other projects underway, I wanted to take the opportunity to revisit Libertatem and correct what made me unhappy about the site. First, I wanted to get rid of the layout; the version I had originally never sat well with me and I was able to design something that I really, really like. Second, I focused on updating the written content to be more cohesive. Lastly, I added a few extra sections that I didn't have time for originally: the gallery and icons.

Pages that have been editted so far: all four pages in the Isuzu section, Tormentor (Akito), Love (Haru), Concern (Hiro), and Site History. Of course, each section of navigation features a new summary as well. :)
I'm so happy that this event has taken place! It gave me a lot of motivation to get the updates done and make a site I can be really happy about! I have more things I plan on adding in the future... when I do, I'll add a note to this entry. But for now, I think there's already quite a bit! :D Please enjoy!
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Libertatem - Sohma Isuzu (Fruits Basket)

Post by Robin »

FAN - FRICKIN - TASTIC LAYOUT!!! :O SUCH COLOR SCHEME WOW

Everything looks tightened up and super polished, the content flows naturally...just WOW. Well done!!!
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

THERE'S the new layout! Wooooow it is so cool wow

Laura how the hell do you manage to get so much shit done so quick I don't even know
Laura

Post by Laura »

Thanks you two!! XD I'm glad you both really like it!!

Robin; I'm glad you feel that the content flows smoothly. :) Some of the sections that were very long were just... too much to read as they were laid out so I went back and rewrote them and then split them up a bit better. I still have to do this for some of the other major relationships but all in due time. :3

Dubs, I dunno how I get a lot of stuff done so fast either. I have a whole other shrine ready to go too. LOL I'm very productive in the mornings. XD;
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

I think it's great that you've gone back to refine a shrine so young, especially as I believe that we tend to move on from younger projects to work on new ones haha. (Also shows that an event deadline shouldn't discourage anyone from submitting what they have, as they can still polish it later on. <3)

Your new layout is gorgeous, and I vastly prefer it to the previous one, as this one suits Rin so much better! <3 Especially the black and the lace, gosh, beautiful combination. Your intros to each section of the shrine do a great job at highlighting the important parts of Rin's progression within the story, while tying together the pages of the respective section in a way that should make it easy to understand to those not familiar with the many developments in Fruits Basket.

And oooh I don't think I've seen that picture of Rin and Hiro's new year dance before. *-*

Hope your other revamp projects go as smoothly as this one!
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Laura

Post by Laura »

Aw, thank you, Lethe! I have to admit that your own Kyoko shrine still inspires me, especially with this site in terms of outlining Rin's voyage through the series. :) I still have a bit of work to do but I'll come back to it in a few days or so when I'm done working on some other projects first! I'm glad you prefer the new layout too. XD It definitely does suit Rin way more than that pink abomination lololol

I also agree that we do tend to move off of new projects once they're done to work on other stuff... or at least I do. It seems like I rarely come back to my sites to add content to them even though I plan to do it. I just get distracted and my mind is somewhere else, having moved on from that topic. This encourages me to go back to some of my other sites and update them too.. I have some Sailor Moon Crystal to catch up on so I can update my Uranus/Neptune shrine. x3
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Awww I'm glad to hear that my Kyoko shrine serves as inspiration. <3 <3
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I don't know why I never commented here. You already know what I think though. It is all awesome. <3
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Laura

Post by Laura »

Yes! But thank you for leaving a comment here anyway. <3 It's appreciated! And again, I'm glad you enjoyed the shrine. :3
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

I didn't get a chance to tell you this when you were talking about it on the chat, but I really love the new layout, and the way the divided the sections up, and how you covered them. It really runs smooth and makes it easy for a visitor to navigate. :heart:
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.