ATTENTION! As of today (February 6, 2013) a new deadline has been chosen, please refer to this topic: http://board.amassment.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=527.
Though many of us love them, there are very few fansites online dedicated to written mediums. People are more likely to shrine characters they can access from their video game consoles and televisions. Because of this, some really great characters and series are overlooked online, despite how much we love them. We hope to pay tribute to some of them with this year's Winter marathon at Amassment. We want to see more tributes to Paperback fandoms! With this marathon, challenge yourself to make sites to subjects from books, comics, and mangas.
This event will run from now until February 1, 2013. You will notice this event is a little longer than most, but that is because we want to give you all an opportunity to read/reread the written works you will be making sites to. How much time is devoted to reading versus site-making will vary for each individual person, but we expect most members will spend 1-2 months reading, and 3-4 months working on sites. Manage your time in whichever way you see fit, and feel free to let us know know your status throughout the event, whether that be by talking about the work you are reading in the Anime and Manga or Literature boards, posting previews of your design at the Layout and Graphics board, or discussing your approach to written content in Shrine Discussion. Rather than signing up for this event and no one talking about it until the finished form goes up, use the community for support, feedback, and motivation. That's one of the great things about us being at the forum now. :)
Rules and Guidelines
- We are looking for shrines from written mediums. This includes, but may not be limited to, books, comics, mangas, and visual novels. If you have an idea of something you'd like to shrine that isn't from one of those, feel free to ask about it here.
- You may shrine a book, an entire series, a character from a book or series, a relationship, or many other things. As long as your subject comes from a written medium, the sky is the limit.
- If your subject is from a written and non-written medium (Example: character from a manga that has also been made into an anime), we ask that you focus on the written medium. You can of course mention and cover the other medium, but the written medium should be of focus.
- Once you have finished your shrine check out the Submission post (you will find it online within a month or so), all you need is a 100*35 button and a link to your completed shrine. Remember that until the Reveal post is up you cannot plug your shrine in the main community (private conversations or personal journals/social sites are fine, though). Also keep in mind that several banners to link back this marathon will be provided in the aforementioned Submission post.
- Any subject change, time extension or drop-out must be promptly communicated to the Events teams!
- And as last rule we say…HAVE FUN and spread the comic/manga/book love :)
For this marathon me (Sofia) and Todd will handle all the sign-ups. Unlike previous events, all sign-ups will be made through PM so send a message to either of us with the following information:
Once we have received your message we will send a PM to let you know we have recorded your submission.Name:
Collective URL: (if you have one)
Subject: (If you decide to change your mind at a later date, please let us know.)
Sign-ups will remain open throughout all of October, so feel free to sign-up at any time. The more shrines, the merrier, right? Also feel free to leave any questions or comments as a reply to this post.
And whoever participates to this marathon will receive 10 [s]cookies[/s] points so…what are you waiting for? ;) Also October's Shrine Spotlight will be literature-themed. Nominate a shrine and receive 4 coins in return…not bad uh? Here is the post with all the details: http://board.amassment.org/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=310.
Marathon Quick Info and Links
- Sign-up period: October 10, 2012 - October 31, 2012
- Marathon period: November 1, 2012 - [s]February 1, 2013[/s] March 7, 2013
- Staffers in charge of sign-ups: Todd, Sofia
- Submission post: here