Wolfhearted - Varian & Anduin (Warcraft)

From November 2015 to August 2016, create a shrine or shrines to celebrate a dynamic duo! Lovers, enemies, brothers, sisters, parents, and close friends contribute to a character's being. Explore the fandom and the relationship from another side.
Laura

Wolfhearted - Varian & Anduin (Warcraft)

Post by Laura »

I decided last minute to sign up for Dynamic Duos with a small, one-page tribute to the relationship between Varian Wrynn and his son Anduin. This is probably the fastest I've ever made a site (at least in recent times) and managed to get it all done in about three days. XD But hey, when inspiration hits, you gotta flow with it, I guess. :)

It's a fairly small site but I love how it turned out and I hope to add to it in the future. I hope people enjoy it! <3

88x31 Button:
Last edited by Laura on Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Wolfhearted - Varian & Anduin (Warcraft)

Post by Robin »

Oh wow, this is great! You have managed to make the site highly informative without losing any of the passion and drive that propels the reader through the content. Even though I know barely .00001% about Warcraft, I could understand and follow the story pretty well! :D

The design is really neat, too! I love how the big images set off the content blocks so well and provide visual "resting places" before moving onto the next section of text. :)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Laura

Post by Laura »

Thanks, Robin!! I'm glad that you were able to follow along with the story! I was a little worried that readers might get lost in following some details since I don't have the typical primer info I usually include in my sites. ^^ I'm also glad you really like the design! It was a lot of fun to do a one-page site for that reason... I could go a little wild with page layout. <3 Thank you!
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Laura I love this so much. I'm so happy you got this site done. <3 I'll be sure to add it to Yrel soon!
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Laura

Post by Laura »

Thanks Crystal! <3 I'm glad I got it done too!! It was a bit of a gamble if I could do it before the deadline for the event but it seems I had a few days to spare. XD

Thanks for linking to it on your Yrel shrine. <3
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

Not familiar with the subject, but just wanted to chime in and say I like how you set up your one-pager! The images are also a great touch, especially because I love a visual on each section personally xD Great job!
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Kate

Post by Kate »

Oh wowoww! You did such great work in such limited time!! :D Awesome read! The images fit so well with the web page too!! *__*
Laura

Post by Laura »

Thank you Megan and Kate! :) I'm really glad that you enjoyed the design! I'm not sure where I got the energy to do the whole thing in such a short amount of time but I'm happy I did! X3 <3

I mentioned on the site that the artist is Nesskain, but I'll mention it here too. I feel like my site design only looks as good as it does because of his incredibly gorgeous art... I have to give him more credit! XD
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Already told you how much I love the grand layout and the text set-up throughout the site! ... After reading the shrine, I also really like how that one last picture is left-aligned; perhaps it's a coincidence, but I feel as though it fits the mood well, and I adore the way you closed the shrine. ;_;

Honestly, I thought it'd be intimidating to read your shrine because of all of the lore AND terminology, but like Robin, I was able to follow everything without problem despite not knowing WoW, no primer needed. I think what I enjoy most about your shrine is how concise it is without getting repetitive. You... pretty much already tell the entire story in the two profiles at the very start, especially the change that happens in Varian, and how Anduin contributed to it. What follows that brief introduction are elaborations from very particular viewpoints, fleshing out that introduction. I think that's such a great way to lead unfamiliar people to the subject!!

Your writing here is very pleasant to read, and the tone and words fit the shrine and its setting so well. <3 ... I do feel like it reads like something out of a lore book coupled with a bedtime story haha (then again, it's late for me). <3 So soothing.

ehehehe I'm happy I got to know more about Anduin. Priest is my favourite in Hearthstone, but Anduin has THE reputation of being a jerk because hilariously, all emotes in Hearthstone are perceived as passive-aggressive remarks lmaoooooooooo. ... I actually came to believe he's a jerk myself.

I'm happy you joined last minute, and very impressed you managed to finish something so shiny so quickly!! Looking forward to seeing more new shrines from you. :D :D
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Laura

Post by Laura »

Aw, thank you so much, Lethe!! <3 Your comments mean an awful lot; I really love the relationship between these two and I'm glad that it gave you a sort of bedtime story feel, as I was going for a more soothing approach. :) I'm also really glad that you were able to understand the content without knowing much about the series!

It's funny that Anduin is known for having such passive aggressive remarks in HS when he's actually the most benevolent of characters in the game, IMO. XD He's constantly trying to achieve peace between the two warring factions. I'm pretty interested in how he'll be in the upcoming expansion. xD (For WoW, not Hearthstone, lol!)

Also, I'm writing a lot more background information about the series for my Sylvanas shrine so if you are curious to learn more, that'll be the place to go. :)

Again, thanks!! *_* <3