TO THE MOON - Miroku & Sango

From November 2015 to August 2016, create a shrine or shrines to celebrate a dynamic duo! Lovers, enemies, brothers, sisters, parents, and close friends contribute to a character's being. Explore the fandom and the relationship from another side.
Megan
Freelance Staffer

TO THE MOON - Miroku & Sango

Post by Megan »

So, today is an amazing day! I finally completed a project that I've had since I was using domaindlx.com (early 2000's). I had a small little "site" to them called Notice Me, but it was really just an embarrassing attempt that my 10 year old self wanted to make. Today, I can finally say that I put a bit more work and effort into this site!

TO THE MOON is a site that I spent WEEKS on, from re-watching the entire anime series, to reading up on some of the manga as well. I cried while making this site from all of the sad things that happen through out the story, but I also laughed and smiled as well! BASICALLY I JUST LOVE THIS SERIES AND I AM SO HAPPY TO FINALLY FINISH MY FIRST OTP'S TRIBUTE <3

:D
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Laura

Re: TO THE MOON - Miroku & Sango

Post by Laura »

YES! This is perfect, just when I've started working on my own Miroku shrine (and Kikyou shrine)! X3 Seems like we keep making shrines to the same characters at the same time... XD <3

I love the design and all of the content you have up! The opinions section really made me laugh, mostly because I felt the same way. I don't wanna read all of your essays right now because I don't want to read anything that might influence my own stuff but I'm definitely looking forward to reading it all later. :) That being said, I loved going through your screencap galleries... OMG it made me laugh so hard. XD Some of the moments they share are just too funny. And your icons are super pretty too~ <3

I can tell you definitely put a lot of work into the shrine and I'm really looking forward to your Sango shrine! Seeing as I'm just reading through the manga now and I'm only about 1/5 the way through, I can see how it took you weeks!!
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Wonderful wonderful! I think I actually remember visiting Notice Me back in the day, too ~~ :D But I am so glad you've been able to bring this site back to life and in such a beautiful way!

Though I never got into InuYasha much back in the day, I do remember watching just enough to start thinking, "Miroku and Sango...*nod, nod* I ship it." xD Your relationships section, thus, is amazing and full of yay :D

(One thing, the image link to Sango's tribute on her basic info page doesn't work right now, unless I am just misclicking, but everything else looks awesome and functions well. Also seconding the LOL and d'awwwwww in the Multimedia section xD!!!)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Beautiful design and the information is very detailed :D I also like that you included a personal touch with an opinions page ^^
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Great job on finishing, Megan! This turned out very nicely! I like how you broke up the profiles and then walked us through their relationship together. I've only seen parts of Inu-Yasha so I am familiar with some of the background like Shippou, Naraku, etc etc. Your site does well on focusing on Miroku and Sango exclusively and I like how you've broken up their story together in what feels like chapters. :)

I also really love that you include multimedia. I like browsing through the screencaps; I think it's really fun.
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

@Wolfrun - Thank you! Yes, we seem to definitely have similar interests! I am excited to see both of your tributes! But mostly to Miroku because I feel like his character is a bit under appreciated!! When you're done with yours, message me so we can affiliate our sites! Sometime soon I will be working on developing my Sango tribute as well!

@Robin - Yeah, I am going to make that button work once my tribute is complete for Sango! I have some of the information written but its not viewable for the public yet until I put my new layout up and upload the rest of the content! Glad you enjoyed~

@Mikari - Thank you! I enjoyed writing the site, and the opinions page is one of my favorite too! <3

@Destinie - Thank you! I was going for a chapter-type feel as well, so I am glad that you noticed that! I felt like it would be easier to tell their story in that format, as well as give some of my own personal opinions! Thank you! I always try to have a gallery if I can! :D
Kate

Post by Kate »

Ahhh it must be such a wonderful feeling to complete an OTP shrine.. <3 The amount of love and dedication that can go in to one is awesome. ;;; I loved the whole "feel" of the entire shrine! If that makes sense hahaa~ It was a great read for me.
Laura

Post by Laura »

Megan wrote:@Wolfrun - Thank you! Yes, we seem to definitely have similar interests! I am excited to see both of your tributes! But mostly to Miroku because I feel like his character is a bit under appreciated!! When you're done with yours, message me so we can affiliate our sites! Sometime soon I will be working on developing my Sango tribute as well!
I agree! Miroku's character is definitely underappreciated... Even I thought of him as just a letch until I re-read the series. Totally forgot what sort of character he actually was! XD I'm super stoked about your Sango shrine too, I hope you can get it up soon because she definitely deserves more love! <3 I'd love to affiliate when mine's up so I'll let you know asap. :3
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

YES for reviving old things you've created! It's always lovely to see how long people have kept their love for a subject alive, even with the passing of that many years.

While I can't say that I'm particularly fond of Miroku's habits and the comedy, I like that you didn't tune out all the butt-touching in the series on your shrine. LOL I feel like you integrated it neatly into your exploration of their relationship, including reactions before and afterwards, and how they might change over time haha.

Overall, I think you've captured the characters and their relationship well: the comedy, the serious moments, the back-and-forth. My favourite part is the closing paragraph on the "Strengths" page: It sums up both characters really well, considering Miroku's self-destructive power and Sango's past.

Your "Let's go start a family!" at the end of the shrine cracks me up, so well-placed LOL.

Looking forward to seeing your Sango shrine! She didn't resonate with me as much as a kid (though I've always adored Hiraikotsu), but when I reread Inu Yasha in later years, her introduction and some of her scenes with Kagome are very powerful.
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

@Kate - Yes, it was definitely a great feeling! I might add some other types of opinion based pages later! But I wanted to make sure I completed it in time for this :D

@Laura - Yeah! Miroku comes off just as a perv but as the story gets going, he actually can be quite charming and he is so caring!! Thank you! Maybe we will work on them at the same time~ :)

@Lethe - Thank you so much! It always makes me happy to know that a site can change someones perspective on a character! I agree, they have a back and forward relationship of comedy and serious, and that is something I also adore about them! They can be both! Thanks! I am hoping that I can sway your opinions of Sango as well~ :p