Drakengard 3: Two and Cent

From November 2015 to August 2016, create a shrine or shrines to celebrate a dynamic duo! Lovers, enemies, brothers, sisters, parents, and close friends contribute to a character's being. Explore the fandom and the relationship from another side.
Jae

Drakengard 3: Two and Cent

Post by Jae »

Can you believe that making the button was the hardest part of the challenge? I never make those anymore.

Here's my relationship entry for the challenge, featuring Two and Cent from Drakengard 3, titled Raphael. At first I wasn't sure I'd be able to manage five articles for a couple with limited appearances in the source material, but I ended up coming out with six. You might say that I put in my . . . two cents.

This was a fun immersion back into events here at Amassment. Thank you for letting me partake! And I sure hope I formatted the subject properly.
fayth
I come and go, but I'm around.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Re: Drakengard 3: Two and Cent

Post by nyxmidnight »

YAY Drakenguard 3 is such a fuckedup game and I'm glad to see someone shrining from this great, bizarre series.

ETA: Oh man I started reading and I could NOT stop. You wrote a wonderful little shrine to these two and I am so glad I finally understand where these two came from. I devoured your shrine. I love your writing. Make more!
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Wonderful work! I'm wholly unfamiliar with the game and its characters, but your shrine provides an excellent, well-paced intro to both. :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Jae

Post by Jae »

nyxmidnight wrote:YAY Drakenguard 3 is such a fuckedup game and I'm glad to see someone shrining from this great, bizarre series.

ETA: Oh man I started reading and I could NOT stop. You wrote a wonderful little shrine to these two and I am so glad I finally understand where these two came from. I devoured your shrine. I love your writing. Make more!
Drakengard 3 has a great narrative, and its characters are rich and vibrant - definitely good materials for shrines.

Gosh, thank you! Analyzing characters - and, by extension, relationships - is my favorite pastime, so it means a lot when my writing generates discussion or understanding. I'll definitely make more!
Robin wrote:Wonderful work! I'm wholly unfamiliar with the game and its characters, but your shrine provides an excellent, well-paced intro to both. :D
Thank you, Robin! Since Drakengard 3 is obscure and this was made for the challenge, I tried to provide at least minimal info for readers who aren't familiar with the game. I hope it helped, and thank you again for reading!
fayth
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

Jae!!!

First of all, I really like the layout design! I am not familiar with the characters, but they look awesome! The navigation is also very creative. This shows a great way on how to set up a lovely relationship shrine in a creative way! Awesome job <3
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

I'm also completely unfamiliar with Drakengard, but really enjoyed browsing this - I love the design and navigation. It's so fitting for a relationship site. :)
a spoony bard
Kate

Post by Kate »

Okay, I am thoroughly impressed with your shrine!!! I went in not knowing a single thing about the series or the characters, and left with a great understanding of them! From the layout to your writing, you did an awesome job!! (btw puns give me life)
Last edited by Kate on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Beautiful design and very well written. :D
Jae

Post by Jae »

@megan: Aw, thanks, Megan! They're really a wonderful pair of characters. I like to experiment with the navigation across my sites, because it can set the tone for the actual content as much as the rest of the design. (And one of these days I'll hope on skype for you, haha.)

@emma: Thank you! I took a page from the DLC most of the content comes from, which begins in a storybook narrative. I thought it'd be a good way to imply progression without having to be redundant in the writing.

@kate: (Puns give me life, too, and I try to throw them in whenever and wherever I can. Join me on this journey.) Thank you so much! I'm pleased I could provide even a modicum of understanding for the canon blind, since that was my main concern. On a slightly unrelated note, it's so wonderful that shrines can be looked at and appreciated even by those who aren't familiar with their subject.

@mikari: Thanks! I wanted to try something different for the design with an easygoing blue, and I quite like how it turned out.
fayth
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I have never played Drakengard but reading through your shrine it made me really want to check it out. This story is so tragic and interesting that I leave your site craving MORE. This was a nice read and my favorite section was the ending where you discussed the controversy over their perceived roles.