Drafted

From February 2015 to August 2015, we are challenging members to create sites to subjects that debuted in the 20th Century! Grab your walkman, unpack your SNES, drag out your vintage comics, and dust off those VHS tapes.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Drafted

Post by Larissa »

I started working on this site last summer, which puts it... several marathons ago, aha. But it fits for this one so! :star: Here it is.

Laguna is my favorite character in FF8, which made this a really fun site to work on. I do kind of consider it an extension to my Squall site, but since that's kind of the story of FF8 itself, it makes sense.

This is my first one-page site in like 5 years, I feel so rusty. :cry:

I can't find the topic emotes for critique and whatnot in this forum but I'm certainly up for it.
tonight fate is the
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Drafted

Post by Robin »

Excellent design as always, very readable and scrollable.

Also, LOL traffic jam because of Laguna's parking! And I thought I was bad at parallel parking! I also snickered at "Looney Tunes traps." XD

I like the point you put in about the writing for Laguna's character faltering on the issue of Squall being his son but somehow growing up in the orphanage and never having contact with his dad before. Good critical analysis, which is necessary for a complete understanding of the character.

Perfect site name, btw. I loled. :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Laguna is such an interesting character. This came out great :D
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

Looks awesome! Glad to see you got a tribute up that you've been working on for awhile!
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Thank you all! :heart:

@CuriousLittleBird: Thanks! It was really important to me to cover that, because it's a really sticky point with regards to his character. FF8 has a number of writing issues, but that one in particular has always really bothered me and I wanted to go over it in significant depth.
tonight fate is the
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

It's great to see you get this done! You should be proud, it looks great (as always!) and is a fun read. It's been so long since I played FFVIII and it's not one of the FF games I played as often as others, so a lot of this is kinda new to me again, or reminding me what I liked about that game. I really gotta replay soon! I'd forgotten how ridiculous(ly awesome) Laguna is.
a spoony bard
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

I absolutely adore the layout you made, Larissa, the watercolor look like a painting is just, agh, amazing <3 I skimmed through it several days ago but it's so great to see more minor characters get shrines :D I'll go through it entirely when I have more time~
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

@Camy: Thank you! Hopefully you can read through it soon.

@Emma: Laguna is the best part of FF8, it just a fact :heh: Thank you! I'm glad it serves as a good refresher, especially since Laguna drops in and out of the story so much.
tonight fate is the