Anyone interested in a layout/graphics making service?

Everything related to the visual and coding aspects of websites.
Chibi

Anyone interested in a layout/graphics making service?

Post by Chibi »

Hi guys!

I have a (possibly weird) question for you guys today. I've been thinking of starting a layout/graphics making service for friends and family recently and I would be really interested in hearing your thoughts. For example, would you use such a service, even though you can make your own layouts? Would you maybe just request some fancy banners for your websites? If you were interested in such (a) service(s), how much would you be willing to pay for it?

I'm in the process of making the leap and going into freelance web design and I want to do this not only to get some experience making layouts for other people, but also to earn a little bit of money in order to finance my studies and everyday expenses (as you know, I live on my own, in a different country, and I really don't want to be a burden to my parents anymore).

So... any comments, questions or suggestions? Anything is very much appreciated! :)

(For the admins: if this is the wrong section for this topic, feel free to move it.)
anon

Re: Anyone interested in a layout/graphics making service?

Post by anon »

It really depends on a lot of things: what kinds of graphics would you offer? Do you make them from scratch? How much would you charge? What do your graphics look like? What platforms can you code for? What would you offer that is very special that isn't offered on websites that offer free custom graphics?

I certainly think it's a great idea if you need some pocket money, but I wouldn't count on this as my main source of income; web designing is pretty hard to get by especially if you don't have any credentials in web developing/design that would make your portfolio more credible. You should at least give it a go so you have some options open. It's better than having nothing at all. Good luck on this project!