Layout Archives

Everything related to the visual and coding aspects of websites.
Ava

Re: Layout Archives

Post by Ava »

I have one on DeviantArt, but I stopped updating it as I would run into the same problem mentioned in the thread - screenshots getting taken down because it contained a character or celebrity in it, and the whole social networking vibe that was incompatible with what I wanted in a layout archive platform.

These tumblr archives look really good! I am now considering making one, after seeing everyone's sites. I would probably go with wordpress though, as I'm rather fond of it already.
Dreams are meaningful when you work toward them in the real world.
If you merely live within the dreams of other people, it's no different from being dead.
tox

Post by tox »

So I finally found the time to go through my old files and I turned my old tumblr into my new layout archive. It's quite practical and I don't mind the simple layout.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

woooo so much beautiful stuff you have there :D
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

That's impressive, tox! I like the Betty Boop and Abu layouts, and this one is really gorgeous. :ok:
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

tox wrote:So I finally found the time to go through my old files and I turned my old tumblr into my new layout archive. It's quite practical and I don't mind the simple layout.
Beautiful! Some of those designs really bring me back ♥
tox

Post by tox »

thank you guys :) Some of those designs are 10 years old and I'm kind of impressed of my former self... sometimes I whish those times back, when I did nothing else than spending time on webdesigning :) I really don't know how I did this back then... I seem to get distracted way too fast these days.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I'm not keeping up with my old layout archive anymore but I am uploading them to pintrest instead. I still have a lot of sites screen shot to upload but they'll all be here soon http://pinterest.com/mikariazure/
Ava

Post by Ava »

Very nice, Tox! Those designs are taking me back to the good old days of the early 2000s with the 3d fractal blending. :heart:

Using Pinterest for graphic archiving - innovative choice, Mikari!
If you merely live within the dreams of other people, it's no different from being dead.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

A choice born out of lazyness since its even more simple than tumblr XD I'm having fun with it though.
Ava

Post by Ava »

You all inspired me. Here's Tableau Vivant, my layout archive.

It's fascinating to see all these layouts presented like this. It puts things in perspective.