Beyond the Sky: Cid !@#$% Highwind

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Mikari

Re: Beyond the Sky: Cid !@#$% Highwind

Post by Mikari »

Awesome! Cid rocks! Well you know how the inspiration bunnies are, they tackle you when you least expected and don't care what condition you're in, they demand attention. XD

I'd love to see a remake. It might bring more people into the fandom and get some more love for the original story like Crisis Core did for Zack. It took me a long time to get over my displike for blocky polygons so I played FFVII rather late after Advent Children made me want to get to know those characters. I admit my nostalgia soft spot is for pixels, I just find them to be so much cuter than the early stages of polygons. None the less, I did enjoy FFVII and I'd be just as happy with an HD remake as with a 16bit one, I just want to see it coming alive again. (I know there's an 8bit version but 16bit was a bigger part of my childhood so that would really get me nostalgic XD)

Okay I've gone off topic long enough, sorry about that, back to Cid. I like how you went into detail with his character, motivations and how he changes over time. I liked how you gave extra attention to the key events that help shape him as a character.
LadyDB

Post by LadyDB »

I swear to God, I could've sworn I commented on this thread. Well, I definitely meant to because I loved the website. First of all, your layout is gorgeous! I love how unrestricted it is. I know nothing of this character until reading your shrine, but it suits him. He's got a great look!

Wow, this shrine is so packd with information! Definitely the to-go place for any fans of this character! One of my favorite pages was the "Remake Cid" one. I had no idea there were potential talks of remaking FF7, that would be awesome! I've alway wanted to play it, though you do mention liking the old game fine. ^_^

Also love those Advent children screencaps. My god, he is FINE. I really love the fanlisting you got on there too! So glad you have it, you deserve it! ^_^ Okay, I'll finish up, I always go on and on with these posts, lol.

Lastly, I love the About the Site page. You ever knew you had so much to say about him! And it shows! Your content is incredible. I also loved your media section, wow, so much fun stuff. I listened to the music while reading through your site. :)
~ Lady DinoBug
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Thanks, Mikari! <3 Yeah, there are definitely a lot of different opinions on the inevitable remake, but I really just want to see it updated, honestly.

@LadyDB: Well, you did already comment (on this very page!), but thank you for the second one! :heart: I appreciate that you took the time to come back, haha. Thanks! (And glad to hear you checked out the music! I had a lot of fun putting that section together.)
tonight fate is the
LadyDB

Post by LadyDB »

Larissa, I swear I scrolled this page about 6 times and never saw my post. Feel so stupid, lol.
~ Lady DinoBug
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

LMAO no worries, man, it happens. :content:
tonight fate is the
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

This has happened to me too, especially right after changing my avatar, I'll be all like "I can't find my last post, but I know I posted here... oh that's right, I have a different picture..."

Speaking of pictures, this shrine made me want to look at FFVII pics and I came across that old gif of Cid with his spear replaced by a banana... It's silly... and it never fails to make me laugh.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

I CAME SO CLOSE TO PUTTING THAT ON MY SITE PAGE, YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW.

I should probably shove it in there anyway. It's the best gif.
tonight fate is the
LadyDB

Post by LadyDB »

HAHAHAHHAHAHAA!!! It looks like he's enunciating the NANA part, which makes me crack up, lolol.
~ Lady DinoBug
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

lol yes! XD XD XD This is probably one of the most well known Cid gifs, maybe one of the most well known Final Fantasy gifs. I don't remember when I saw it first, at a forum years ago, I think. I haven't been able to separate Cid from bananas since then.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Hey, so!

I changed up some of the coding on this -- made the layout fixed instead of scrolling, and I think it looks better, but could use a second opinion. (I made another layout this week that uses this same effect and like it a lot, and I feel like it works really well with this design in particular.)

Thoughts? Is it better this way or how it was before? (One of the longer pages, like the intro, will give the best effect.)
tonight fate is the