Amassment Events Feedback & Suggestions

Amassment-sponsored challenges, marathons and activities past and present. Join in on the fun today!
anon

Amassment Events Feedback & Suggestions

Post by anon »

Here at Amassment, we encourage both fan site making and making friendly connections with each other. Obviously, we do this by hosting fan site-themed marathons and community-related contests. Activities only work if we have a great turn-out of sign-ups (which, fortunately, has always been wonderful!), and there are definitely some that we'd like to improve.

Was there an event you enjoyed and would like to see back? Which event do you not want to see back ever? How could we have handled some of the events better? Are there any ideas for future events you'd like to share? The events team would like to know your opinion, just so we'd know what to work on and plan events that we know people would like. Feel free to post in this thread, or PM the events team (we're the red dudes!). Your opinion is very important to us and you could be influential on what kinds of events we'll be running in the future!
Todd

Re: Amassment Events Feedback & Suggestions

Post by Todd »

Bumping this thread. Now that the holiday season is over, more and more people have expressed interest in participating in a marathon here. What kind of marathon would you like to see? Let's brainstorm some ideas!

I kind of want to see a Final Fantasy marathon. The only caveat with this is it would limit the people able to participate, as everyone isn't a Final Fantasy fan. Bigger themes and broader ideas are better. And if we do run limited events like that, we should run two of them side by side. An example could be RPG Characters / Magical Girls. Almost everyone could find a subject in one of those categories to shrine.
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

I really loved the Literature Event! That being said, I will pretty much love any event that Amassment has now that I'm a member and able to participate. I love that you guys always have so much for us to try our hands at.

I'd like to see something like a minor character event (I'm sure you guys have already done that). Or maybe even a magical girl one (like Todd just suggested). Maybe a guardian or protector shrine where people focus on spirits, summons, or some other creature in something that protected, looked after, or offered protection to the protagonist. Or maybe to magical mascots (like Luna from Sailor Moon, Pooka from Wild Arms 2 or Kyubey from Puella Magi Madoka Magica).

I'm not sure, overall. I also saw that in the past you guys had an antagonist marathon. That would be cool too!
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Todd

Post by Todd »

I love the Creatures idea! We should toy with the idea, because it'd be fun to shrine anything non-human. Could be an alien, a robot, a summon, a cat, a Pokemon, etc. It'd be a really fun, unique marathon, and I'd love to see the sites created. I think everyone could find a non-human character to shrine, no matter what their fandoms are.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

That sounds like fun! And the Final Fantasy one too. Actually there are creatures in Final Fantasy so that's like two tonberries with one stone! ^-^ Can we do the Creature one, please? Oh Magical Girl sounds fun too. Kinda obsessed with them currently. Todd, Snow, you two are classy. <3
;o; *** pew! pew!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Todd wrote:I love the Creatures idea! We should toy with the idea, because it'd be fun to shrine anything non-human. Could be an alien, a robot, a summon, a cat, a Pokemon, etc. It'd be a really fun, unique marathon, and I'd love to see the sites created. I think everyone could find a non-human character to shrine, no matter what their fandoms are.
I've been wanting one for a long time. XD;
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I have a REALLY WEIRD idea for an event (feel free to shoot this down) but what about a "Shrine Swap"? Where people sign up and they are assigned a shrine that belongs to someone else and then they need to come up with additional sections based on their views of the person's shrine/character. So basically making guest essays from a different point of view.

I don't know if anyone would be up for that. xDD

Also, maybe a shrine + Clique marathon. I remember way back when a lot of shrines were attached to cliques. I miss them. (I was thinking about adding one to my Meowth site when I get it back up.)
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Destinie wrote:
Todd wrote:I love the Creatures idea! We should toy with the idea, because it'd be fun to shrine anything non-human. Could be an alien, a robot, a summon, a cat, a Pokemon, etc. It'd be a really fun, unique marathon, and I'd love to see the sites created. I think everyone could find a non-human character to shrine, no matter what their fandoms are.
I've been wanting one for a long time. XD;
one more YEAH for the non-human marathon!
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

All these ideas sound great! I'm totally digging the idea of a creature/non-human marathon.

Destinie, I also really like the shrine + clique idea! I really miss cliques, it would be wonderful to see them make a comeback. :)
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Thanks for the feedback, guys! This has been very helpful in our scheduling of 2013 events. :D