Flagship Shrine

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Todd

Flagship Shrine

Post by Todd »

What is your flagship shrine? I think everyone has one; it's that one site that you've made that everyone knows you for, whether you want to be known for that site or not, haha. It doesn't necessarily have to be your most popular site hit-wise, just the site that comes up most often when people talk about your sites. Others can comment with whether they agree with your choice.

I think my flagship shrine is definitely my Tidus site. It's not my biggest or even best site (I'm currently working on making it my best site!), but it is brought up the most often to me. Tidus is my favorite character, and I made this site very personal. I think that's why.
LadyDB

Re: Flagship Shrine

Post by LadyDB »

Your Tidus shrine is really beautiful. I definitely know you for that shrine.

Honestly, I don't think anyone even knows this site exists...because I never get any word on it ever since it's creation in 2007. But for me, my most well put-together shrine with loads of content, huge image galleries, and known for being the only shrine to him on the net--Jin the Wind Tamer of Yu Yu Hakusho.

Does anyone even know who he is? PRobably not, lol. It's probably my LEAST popular shrine...but my personal favorite, lol.

<3

[/edit]
Oh yeah, and it has a splash page! I wish Splash pages made a comeback. xD
Last edited by LadyDB on Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Lady DinoBug
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Man I feel guilty not knowing that shrine was yours LDB! I should have known that too. *shot*

Honestly, for me I have absolutely no idea. I wanna say the site I am best known for is not a shrine, but rather my shrine directory, Emotion. I also wanna say my Lyndis shrine just because it is my oldest site online (it'll be 10 in four days *mindblown*). I'm curious to know what everyone else thinks.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
LadyDB

Post by LadyDB »

It's okay, lol, like I said...the underdog shrine, lol.

I love Emotion! I have like 6 shrines I need to add to that. That, and I visit that all...the time. When I need to find a pretty shrine to look at, that's my place to go. Love it. :D
~ Lady DinoBug
Todd

Post by Todd »

LadyDB wrote:Your Tidus shrine is really beautiful. I definitely know you for that shrine.
Aw, thank you! It's a mess currently, but I'm slowly fixing it up. I actually rewrote a page on it today. It's been seven years since I wrote those sections, and my personal standards have gone up quite a bit since then.

I love the layout for your Jin site! It's like a blast from the past, as I haven't seen a layout like that in a looooooong time, but it works for the site!

@Crystal - I would say Lyndis as well for you, though I think Lucina is up there now. It's such a good site!
Saya

Post by Saya »

I will say, and stay behind it my shrine Butterfly - the shrine dedicated to Yuuko from xxxholic, even if La Fille Brave probably there with it too, but I did such a good job with Bunnymund and Frost that... LOL I don't really know XD
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
LadyDB

Post by LadyDB »

@ Todd -- thank you! Yeah, I don't have the heart to change it because it reminds me of the good ol' days when Geocities still PWNed! xD <3

@ Saya -- I just perused your shrine, really love the content, oh my god. You did a lovely job. :D
~ Lady DinoBug
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Todd, your Tidus shrine is definitely what you're known for, I think.

And I really should submit things to Emotion too. o_O

I think my flagship used to be my shrine to the Turks from FFVII - it seemed to be what most people knew me for, was my most visited site, and usually the site I got the most emails from. But it's been offline for so long now, that it would probably be Kain, or would be if, again, my domain hadn't been gone for so long. But it's definitely what I'd consider my flagship? Especially because it's my first priority to fix up right now.
a spoony bard
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

@LDB: Hehe, thanks! Emotion is one of my babies. I can't believe I wanted to get rid of it at one point. o_O;

@Todd: Thanks Todd! I'm happy to know people like my Lucina shrine. I think it could use a bit of work but overall I am happy with it.

@Saya: I have to agree with you. Yuuko is definitely you. :P

@Emma: Haha no rush. xD I need to update your link for Isshin though! Also I second Kain for your flagship. :D
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Aku

Post by Aku »

Interesting idea! Todd and Saya are spot on... those are without a doubt the shrines I recognize them for. XD As for Crystal, I would say that I recognize her most for her Legend of Zelda shrine! It helps that her domain URL kinda reminds me of it too. :) (And maybe that I used to spam it for nominations at SOTM... :cry: )

My collective is tiny, so there isn't much to be recognized for, haha. That being said I'm guessing that Mind Your Sugar Levels is what most people probably associate me with. I've gotten a lot of feedback on the shrine (mostly good BUT ALSO BAD LOL, the angry Tumblr fangirls who don't understand internet sarcasm are a riot! 8D) It's also one that I feel I was able to inject my personality into best, and is representative of me as a writer and shriner. I really want to work on a new shrine again, and when I do, I hope that I approach it with the same energy and creativity that I did with this one! Sooo that's why this unfortunate trainwreck would be what I consider a flagship shrine for me... :sob: