Mini-sites?

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Re: Mini-sites?

Post by Larissa »

Todd wrote:
Larissa wrote:
Todd wrote:As for fanlistings, I think if you have more fanlisting content than fan site content, I'd probably still refer to the site as a fanlisting, even if it's a fanlisting with a little bit of info.
I'm not really sure what you mean by this? I'm not looking to make fanlistings with about pages (I have plenty of those), I'm looking to expand them past a simple about page into a couple more content pages about the subject and why I like it. I linked some examples above. That's why I was looking for a separate name for them. Mini-site seems to work, though, so I think I might go with that. Maybe mini-tribute, as well.
I was mostly referring to the FF6 OST fanlisting, which has some basic info + track lists. I was looking at it as if it were mine, and I'd call it a fanlisting. Opinions on the tracks would be a great addition that would lean it towards fan site status in my own personal standards, but in its current state, it has an extended about section, and the fanlisting is the main draw. This is all personal preference, though, as if these were my sites I'm talking about.

I do see that it is more than a simple fanlisting though, and I understand the need to want to call it something else.

I stand by my stance that a site is a site is a site, and what we call them doesn't matter. You're free to call the site what you'd like. No one will judge one way or another. :)

I'm happy to see you extending some of your fanlistings! That's what I would want to do with mine if I ran them, because if I'm a huge fan of a subject, I most often have things to write about.
Ah, yeah, I had more content there a couple years ago but took it down for revising when I moved my domain, and I think I might have merged some of the pages - the site's been up for 5 or 6 years at this point so I don't really remember well. But yeah, that's the idea and I've got opinions to add too. I was just confused by your wording is all!
tonight fate is the
Todd

Post by Todd »

Cool! I'm excited. I love FF6, so I can't wait to see what you do with it!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I think "mini-sites" is a cute name. XD Or maybe even "Weesite" instead of Web-site. Eh? Eh?
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

lol weesite is cute XD maybe I'll make some more of those later XD
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

Haha aw Destinie that is so cute! weesite x3
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

"Weesite" is so cute! I can't help thinking that sounds like a Pokemon name... I just keep imagining some Pokemon saying "Weesite!" Haha, idk.

Anyway, if I made a small site that was basically a multi-page one page shrine (or on the otherwise small side), I don't really know if I would refer to it as anything. Rather I would just describe it as being small. (Does that make sense?) For example, I would say "This is a small/little/modest site dedicated to..." At the end of the day though, I wouldn't worry about it too much. The definition of "shrine/tribute" is always changing, and I think that can include how big (or small) the site is as well.
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Hehehe ♥