Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Aa-chan

Re: Age

Post by Aa-chan »

Holy crap, I feel old. x_x; (I turn 31 this coming Saturday. Go '83'-ers!). Been shrining since I was 19. Granted, it was with simple coding but I felt so proud of myself when one of my friends (who has since faded from the internet world) taught me how to code basic HTML with Notepad and I furthered it by researching the subject and YAAAY, my first domain looked like crap (and my current ones does too!), but... YAAAY. :D

( I'm still learning coding stuffs daily, at that. It's been only recent that I got into CSS and customizing variables -- I find it's WAY easier than basic HTML, especially now that I'm used to it. I wanna tackle PHP next. :x )

I hope I'm still shrining when I'm in my 40's, to be honest. Call it holding on, but I think I can only get better. :]
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Aa-chan I'll be 30 in December and I hope to keep shrining for a long time, too! *high five*

I've not delved much into PHP beyond using simple include files, but I learned a lot along the way from fellow shrine makers about how to use CSS and HTML :) My domain is thus a giant sandbox for new web design ideas and lots of trial and error (and error, and error...) xD
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Yes, it'll keep getting better!

I'm 30 too, I'm glad I'm not alone.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Also 30. Let's form a club. :)
a spoony bard
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Seconded! All in favor? LOL :D

(we should call ourselves something catchy, but my brain is like "I got nothin' man, I'm hungry and tired")
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I'm not good with names but I still think this is totally awesome! *hugs*
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

The thirty, flirty and thriving club!

(My flatmate made me watch 13 Going On 30 before my birthday just for that line. Life motto)
a spoony bard
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Emma wrote:The thirty, flirty and thriving club!

(My flatmate made me watch 13 Going On 30 before my birthday just for that line. Life motto)
LOL!! YES! :D
withinmyworld.org
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

It's so strange to read this lol There's so many people still designing and coding websites despite being 50+, and while they aren't shrines like ours, it's still the same thing. Plus, it's a great way to experiment and gain experience. Win/win! xD
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Camy: YAY! I hope I never grow out of making websites, to be honest. The content and setup of my site will likely change over time, but I don't think I'll ever get tired of it. It's been 11 years and I haven't tired of it yet :D
withinmyworld.org