Reopening a shrine

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Destinie

Re: Reopening a shrine

Post by Destinie »

dubiousdisc wrote:I loved your Lamassu page, I'd really want to see it back!
:D I'll reupload it. I even love my old layout I did for it when I re-opened it for the One-page shrine marathon. I never changed it because I liked the drawing I did. ^_^;;

@Todd I was so happy when you brought your Knuckles shrine back!
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Trying to think... I don't think I've brought back any shrines I've closed. There is a couple I considered bringing back -- like my Anju and Larxene shrines -- but I don't really have the interest to do anything with them now so they're just staying dead. I got tons on my plate to do anyway. x_x;
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

After i closed down dark-ocean.net, i found it really challenging to bring back all of my old sites, especially because i lost everything. I managed to rewrite my Axel KH site from scratch and my Marluxia one, but besides for that, it is still taking me forever to bring back old sites. I've made far more new ones than anything... I do miss a lot of my old stuff though, but I lack the motivation to do so -_-;;
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@Megan sometimes you just need to wait for inspiration to strike! ;) After a year or so, I'm working on my Meowth shrine again. Maybe one day you will have motivation to work on some of your old sites? Maybe just enjoying those series again can inspire you!
Kibumie

Post by Kibumie »

I must admit, I have a LOT of shrines I had to close down because of embarrassment of my works. I'm bad at writing, that's why the only reason I closed down my early shrines was because of my writing. haha :cry:

What was the site dedicated to?
The shrines that I closed down were:
a. Red Warrior - dedicated for Tamahome from Fushigi Yuugi
b. Uprising - dedicated for Rin Okumura from Blue Exorcist
c. Little Black Lord - dedicated for Ciel Phantomhive from Kuroshitsuji (**undercostruction)

Why did you close it in the first place? (Losing a host, wasn't up to your standards, etc.)
- writing was bad! haha.

How long was the site closed/offline before you brought it back?
- I haven't brought them back up yet. Someday, I would like to finish Little Black Lord, and then have them all back online.

Did you have the site saved, or were all the files lost/deleted?
- they are still online, just not open for public.

After bringing the site back, did you find you were glad to do so?
- I think, if I did, I would be pretty happy. :content:
aminuet .。. king
Rems

Post by Rems »

What was the site dedicated to?
I actually have a couple of these. Kairi for Kingdom Hearts, and Sakura for Card Captor Sakura.

Why did you close it in the first place? (Losing a host, wasn't up to your standards, etc.)
For Kairi, in early 2012 I put hers on indefinite hiatus, effectively closing - everything was availible to visitors but most of the content had not been touched in going on five years, and I felt everything just needed to start over. I hoped it would also help me break the horrible layout block I'd been suffering to start that process. For Sakura, hers was closed as, at the time, I was growing more fond of Tsubasa's Sakura. It's funny how that works since now I love CCS Sakura that much more.

How long was the site closed/offline before you brought it back?
Kairi's was effectively closed for a year. Sakura's has been closed for at least three. Hopefully I'll get to it, sometime...

What made you decide to bring it back?
Just Kairi for this one. That was always the intention; once I had a good base to work with, a solid layout and solid coding, the plan was to rewrite everything from scratch and to incorporate the newer games as well.

Did you have the site saved, or were all the files lost/deleted?
I have all versions saved; the old and new one for Kairi, and I'm pretty sure if I did some digging I could find Sakura's, both Tsubasa and CCS's.

If you did have it saved, did you rebuild it from scratch anyway or just reupload everything the way it was?
From scratch, for Kairi. I used some of the ideas and points I brought up but most of it was reworked or rewritten if there was a base.

After bringing the site back, did you find you were glad to do so?
Yes. It's something I've been meaning to do for such a long time and to have her back up is a great feeling for me.
❝ they have stolen the heart from inside you, but this does not define you ❞