Frankenstein

Favorite novels, plays, comics, etc.
Mikari

Frankenstein

Post by Mikari »

Snow was reading it so I read it too... or rather, I listened to it. I thought it was okay, but quite different from the image in my head. for one thing, I didn't realize Frank was the scientist, I thought it was the zombie. There was also a lot less lightning and maniacal laughter than I would have liked. I also noticed that the POV of Frank, the captain and the zombie were a tad too similar sounding. Other than that it was amusing, though most of that amusement came from the realization that the original was ever so different from the movies. It felt like listening to some kind of parody, though this was the original novel. It's a pretty old classic that most have at least heard of at some point. Thoughts?
Vii

Re: Frankenstein

Post by Vii »

I read the original back in high school. I don't ever remember watching any Frankenstein movies except for glimpses here and there when I was very young. I was pretty surprised too when I learned Frankenstein was the scientist - that seems like a pretty important detail that society has forgotten xD But I guess saying Frankenstein instead of Frankenstein's monster was somewhat easier. From what I remember, I actually enjoyed reading it. Most of the time, when I read a "classic" book, it bores me to tears, but this one didn't.
searching for the starlight in the darkest skies.
a complex surface, laid out right before our eyes. everything makes sense, now that you are by my side.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I confess I would have been very bored if not because Snow and I kept poking fun at it and comparing it with Final Fantasy VII, specifically Vincent. XD Poor Vinny. That's what made it memorable really, I wouldn't have finished if I had taken that journey alone.
Vii

Post by Vii »

Haha, I love the comparison xD I never would have thought of it but yeah, now I see the connection! xD That definitely would have made my read a lot better too~ xD
a complex surface, laid out right before our eyes. everything makes sense, now that you are by my side.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

It inspired many mini drabbles that we wrote and laughed about. XD
Vii

Post by Vii »

I'm pretty jealous now, my Frankenstein experience wasn't quite as fun xD
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Vii wrote:I'm pretty jealous now, my Frankenstein experience wasn't quite as fun xD
You can make it fun now :)
Vii

Post by Vii »

I can't. Unfortunately (or rather, fortunately?) I will not be reading Frankenstein again :(
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I would say fortunately as I liked poking fun at it more than the novel itself, but I mean you can still join in the poking fun at it.
Vii

Post by Vii »

The entire novel could have been avoided if Frankenstein greeted his monster with a hug and said "Hi, I'm your daddy."