Marvel or DC?

Favorite novels, plays, comics, etc.
Todd

Marvel or DC?

Post by Todd »

Any comic fans out there? Which universe do you prefer -- Marvel or DC? Who are some of your favorite heroes?

I like comics from both publishers. Superman, Batman, and Green Lantern interest me from DC. From Marvel, I like Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, and X-Men. My favorite super hero ever would have to be Spider-Man/Peter Parker.
Saya

Re: Marvel or DC?

Post by Saya »

MARVEL ALL THE WAY!
My favorite are naturally are Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Black Widow and Hawkeye.
But I also like the X-Men, and am not a real fan of fantastic four, I'm like Stark on that (my iphone's name is stark, while my ipad's name is captain)
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
karenjeane

Post by karenjeane »

DC for me! All the members of the Justice League are appealing, but I like Superman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern the most. Hal Jordan (Green Lantern) is my favourite superhero of all. I also like a lot of the company's Vertigo imprint titles.

I never really connected with the Marvel characters in the same way. I find a lot of them too angst-ridden and sarcastic for my tastes. I prefer DC's more sincere and optimistic heroes. That said, I do like the X-Men and admire the work of Marvel's classic artists, like Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko.
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

I've never really preferred one over the other. There are good and bad series under both banners and lord knows the creative talent flits between both fairly frequently. My favourite characters atm are:

Marvel: Abigail Brand, Captain Marvel, Red She-Hulk
DC: Power Girl, Batwoman, Poison Ivy, Cameron Chase

And probably a billion others I can't think of right now.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I'm always getting them mixed up and not knowing where each hero is from. I like X-Men, Batman, Ironman and Spiderman best. The first I know from its Evolution series and the last three from their live action movies, but I have not read them in comic form. I also like the titans animated series, though I'm not sure how similar that was to the comics, probably not much.
dragoneyes

Post by dragoneyes »

I'm a Marvel girl too, I just generally like their comics more than DC's ones. My love goes mostly to Deadpool (in any shape, form, or anything...he's just...well...Deadpool!) and X-Men, but I like my Avengers too.

When it comes to DC I only read The Authority (and relative Stormwatch alt universe).
This dragon wishes you the best luck.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I haven't read much of the comics, though I'd like to get into the series. It's difficult to know where to start when you're trying to get into these stories that have these extensive legacies, so I'm glad they're rebooting the series. I really like X-Men (Nightcrawler ftw!) and Spider-man. I used to watch the cartoons as a kid and I've seen the movies.

Hmm I can't really think of anything in the DC realm that I'm really into. I'm not a big Batman fan, I think he's silly.
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

Hmm, I'm more Marvel having grown up with X-men, Spider man, Fantastic 4. Not very big on DC though I do enjoy Teen Titans, so I'm not totally marvel bias. I also really enjoyed The Losers. I am, however, pretty bias towards not changing things. Reboots can be scary for me, though I've found its even harder to try and figure out where everything started in a series (especially for marvel).

I'd say I'd more likely pick up a Marvel Comic than a DC one, but I'll read almost anything once.
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Nomi

Post by Nomi »

I like both! I'm especially fond of the Batfamily for DC though my favourite superhero from them is Donna Troy. For Marvel, I tend to like X-Men and any other mutants-related characters best, but I'm also fond of the Runaways!
anon

Post by anon »

I grew up with DC but for some reason I've been feeling they've been... lacking something Marvel has.

Besides that I have fond memories of the Fantastic Four. Invisible Woman was my favorite and I remember McDonalds had that toy of her and I wanted it so badly... but a couple of days later it started creeping me out so I snuck it into the trash can