De-lurking is so nervewracking...

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
Puppeteer

De-lurking is so nervewracking...

Post by Puppeteer »

Hello, hello~

So I've been wandering around the forums the past few days biding my time with some updates to my collective because I want to make a relatively good (almost) first impression lol. Anyway, I'm Vanessa from fukanzenNET, which I'm sure is unfamiliar to just about everyone here considering my pathetic online presence in these past years. Ugh. :(

Anyway, I originally joined the Amassment LJ to get more motivated last year, and while I participated in the One Page event, I wasn't really involved in anything since. Sooo here I am for a second try, because I really find shrining to be a rewarding hobby and want to get better at it through this community. There are so many awesome collectives here, and I hope to build up what little I have to that level someday.

I'm...kind of crap at talking about myself, and I'm already intimidated enough as is, so feel free to browse my collective for more info. ...Yay? D:
[People have a weakness for forbidden things.]
Crystal

Re: De-lurking is so nervewracking...

Post by Crystal »

Welcome Vanessa! Everyone here is really nice so you don't have to feel intimidated. :D

I must say that I really love your domain! All your stuff is very well done. <3
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Glad to have you here, Vanessa! There are some people here with 8736478 sites, some have 5-6, some have 1-3, and some have 0. The point is, everyone is at different points with their collectives, so there's no need to feel ashamed about how many sites you have. I like the one pagers you have made and I can't wait to see what else you do! Your layouts are also really beautiful. You're miles ahead of me in that department, lol. Just saying.
Aku

Post by Aku »

Hi Vanessa! So nice to see people delurking, tbh. xD I've been to your domain before and everything is really lovely, so I don't think you have anything to be ashamed about! I for one, am pretty familiar with the Arashidex (I'm an Arashi fan myself--although I haven't been following them as closely in the recent years).

I think involving yourself in the community is a great way to get inspired! Lately I've been a bit of a slacker myself, but actually, the forums have kinda revived my desire to work on some shrines. It's amazing what having a community around you can do for your motivation. :3
Saya

Post by Saya »

Welcome to the boards Vanessa! I really like your domain layout! ^O^
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Eden

Post by Eden »

Hi Vanessa! Welcome! :D I have zero sites so you are way ahead of me when it comes to effort!
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
Puppeteer

Post by Puppeteer »

@Crystal: I am gladly finding this out, thank you. :) And it's touching to hear you say that since I had a secret crush on yours for awhile. Fire Emblem ftw!

@Todd: Thanks for the encouragement! I'll try to look at it more positively from now on and shall do my best. And lol, I'm personally always second guessing my design choices, so it's nice to hear that~

@Aku: Well this is pleasantly unexpected! XD Though it's cool to know that I'm not totally in the shadows here. And yes, I'm working on my first multi-page analytical shrine atm, and just trying to be involved is helping move things along. I look forward to it :D

@Saya: Thank you! Guess the hard work paid off~

@Eden: Well, you also have infinitely more fanlistings and such too hahaha. Thanks for the welcome! :)
[People have a weakness for forbidden things.]
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Welcome Vanessa! I think your domain is awesome. :) There's no shame in having "only" a few or no shrines. We all start out with none, right? And I think what you do have is pretty awesome. I like your designs and I found your shrines to be quite informative and fun to read. I especially liked your Takemoto shrine.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here and find that Amassment is a wonderful place to find motivation and inspiration when it comes to making sites, which all these lovely people are passionate about. :)
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

No, I do remember your site!
Welcome :)
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Puppeteer wrote:@Crystal: I am gladly finding this out, thank you. :) And it's touching to hear you say that since I had a secret crush on yours for awhile. Fire Emblem ftw!
You're welcome! :D

Aww, thanks. *blush* Agreed! :D
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.