Wow, it's been a long time...

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
Emma
Time Traveler

Wow, it's been a long time...

Post by Emma »

Hello all! I haven't been around these parts in...well over a year now, which is kinda crazy to think about. I used to own valendia.ws (and a bunch of other domains previously), and I was a very short lived member of the events team before life blew up on me and I kinda dropped off. I moved to a different country, returned to education and am now in university, and had a bunch of personal crises and drama - you name it, it's probably happened to me or mine in the last year. And unfortunately that meant I lost my domain and hosting and just didn't have the motivation to do anything about it or take part in the community for the longest time.

But now I'm finally feeling settled and getting enough of a grip on things to get back into shrining (and hopefully blogging). I missed designing and making sites, and I think Larissa and her tumblring about her FFVIII replay and subsequent Squall shrine was the final push I needed to get back into it. So thank you for that bit of inspiration, Larissa! I couldn't get valendia back, but I do have a shiny new domain at rydia.nu (which I'm still tweaking as I attempt to remember CSS) and will hopefully have a chance to rework my old sites that look shambolic to me now, and then start some new projects soon. :) I look forward to talking to everyone again!
a spoony bard
Crystal

Re: Wow, it's been a long time...

Post by Crystal »

Welcome back Emma! I love the layout at your new domain. <3
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Oh my goodness it's an Emma!! :!:

Super happy to see you :heart: I will happy take credit if it means you're back, haha! I've missed seeing your sites, they were always some of my favorites. (Especially Isshin -- and Bleach is long dead to me so that's saying something.) I can't wait to see your FF7 sites back.

Gonna go link rydia on redcrown now -- shame you couldn't get valendia back, but excellent name choice C: Can never go wrong with summoners.
tonight fate is the
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Hello! Welcome back!

A big hug for everything that happened, and I hope stuff got eventually sorted out!

Your new domain is so beautiful, it almost hurts. So inspiring ;_;
I'll add you in my links in a bit!
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

@Crystal: Thank you! :) Glad to be back.

@Larissa: you can take credit for it, definitely. ;) AND BLEACH, I hear things have actually happened re: Isshin, so I'm actually going to try catch up so I can at least have the content up to date. I will struggle through a zillion fights that go on for a million chapters for Isshin.

@Dubious: oh wow, thank you so much, but please, no hurting! Everything is Totoro and nothing hurts. And yeah things are definitely much better, and hopefully will continue to improve. (I also think I'm learning to deal with stress better, which helps >.>)

Thanks for linking rydia too, you guys! I'm planning on adding links today, so I'll add back asap. <3
a spoony bard
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

LMAO nooo don't do it. I caught up on Bleach via tvtropes last week and laughed myself stupid at the shit Kubo's come up with lately. Don't go down that rabbit hole, there are things that cannot be unseen.

On a more positive note your domain coding looks lovely on my phone too. Yay, cross-compatibility.
tonight fate is the
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

LARISSA I MUST. I've heard enough things to be a little bit intrigued, so I must catch up and probably hate myself for it, ha.

And wow, does it? I actually hadn't checked it on mobile it, it was on my to-do list. >.> Good to know my CSS is up to scratch!
a spoony bard
Todd

Post by Todd »

Yay! Welcome back, Emma! I was so sad when I saw you disappear, and am so happy you're back! The new domain looks awesome. I really love the name. I also really like how you're linking your sites.

You should definitely get into blogging! I recently started blogging on my main domain/collective, and I love it. My domain feels a lot more active, and more like my home on the web rather than just a hub of sites I update when I make a new layout or whatever.

I'll link your new domain on Nightbringer today and will readd your Kain shrine to my Edward site's affiliates this week. :)

I'm glad to hear everything is going good in your life. Moving countries sounds intense.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Thanks so much, Todd! :) Mt biggest problem with blogging is that I'll set it all up and then just be at a loss as to what to blog about, ha.
a spoony bard
Aku

Post by Aku »

Welcome back Emma! :) Totally understand life blowing up in your face as I've kinda disappeared here for awhile for similar reasons, haha... happy to see you made it through those challenges & came back to Amassment! Your new domain's layout is super cute. <3 Always been a fan of your Beatrix one page, so looking forward to seeing what else you'll bring to the table!