Hello!

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
neo

Hello!

Post by neo »

Hello! I'm Neo, webmistress @ skyblade.org. I've had my domain now for three years with intentions of shrine building. I've started two, planned another and seemingly kept pushing them aside for other things .___.

I have had shrines in the past 2005-2006. I also tenderly remember those shrines on geocities and many cliques "back in the day". I'd like to be part of bringing that back - when you could search for just about any series and there'd be a shrine/tribute/fansite.

I've literally been trying to decide if I wanted to become a part of Amassment for months now, and it has seemed a bit overwhelming ^^".

I am hoping that joining this community will rouse my interests in shrine building and ultimately help me complete them!

Thank you for making this community available to everyone~!
VICTORY WITH EVERYTHING WE HAVE
Destinie

Re: Hello!

Post by Destinie »

Welcome, Neo! I've visited your site a lot in my travels (and have been meaning to join your clique)! I'm so glad you've decided to join Amassment and have some shrines in the works, I can't wait to see them. :)

I hope you're not too overwhelmed! Everyone here is very nice and helpful. If you have any questions feel free to reach out to any of the moderators or staff (myself included). We're here to help!
neo

Post by neo »

Thank you!

I guess at first, I wasn't even sure how to begin amassment. And, I am just sort of awed by it ^^.
VICTORY WITH EVERYTHING WE HAVE
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Hi there and welcome! I know I've visited your beautiful domain before, and it's awesome to know that you intend to make shrines! :D Motivation boost :D
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Welcome to Amassment! Everyone here is an awesome bunch so no need to feel overwhelmed. :D

Also, you earn awesome points from me for liking The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. <3
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Aw, sorry to hear you felt overwhelmed! Like the others have said, everyone here is friendly and supportive, especially when people are looking for help or feedback on making shrines. If you need any help at all, feel free to reach out to one of the admins (the people in blue) or the Forum Team staffers (the people in yellow) who can show you around and help you get started. I hope you like it here!

Your domain looks awesome. Can't wait to see what you do with shrines!
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

I can understand that you were hesitate to join since I was too back in 2009. However, I realized that this community is practically amazing. It's great to see that you finally joined us :D

Also, fan of HP, Supernatural, Boy's Love/Yaoi, Studio Ghibli Films, AND Starfighter?! Yeeeees 8D I own the Starfighter Fanlisting XD [which needs to be updated...oops.]
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

Hello!!

I actually was just looking at your domain the other day xD Welcome to the forums!! You'll have a great time here because everyone is so nice and welcoming :) See you around!!
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

neo wrote:Thank you!

I guess at first, I wasn't even sure how to begin amassment. And, I am just sort of awed by it ^^.
Awww, well reach out to us if you need anything! Otherwise, just go ahead and jump into some discussions and let us get to know you better! ^o^/

BTW- would you like to exchange links with my collective?
Sofia
Administrator

Post by Sofia »

Hey Neo, welcome to the boards!

I've been a member of the boards since (almost) the beginning, but it took me quite a while to become active on Livejournal, where Amassment was previously hosted. I started my "web-design career" with shrines, then kind of forgot them as I started to work on fanlistings. After spending a few years with fanlistings I was very hesitant to shrine again and this community definitely gave me a great boost. I hope it will be the same for you :)
Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy.