Man of Steel

Any series that isn't anime as well as live action movies.
karenjeane

Man of Steel

Post by karenjeane »

So what does everyone think of the new Superman flick?

Personally I'm very impressed. Great script, direction, production design, casting... A "serious" Superman depiction that's neither too dark nor slowly paced. Huge improvement from Superman Returns (or "Superman Lifts" lol) with lots of very-cool action towards the end. I thought the "controversial" ending was appropriate, since Supes's ideals are still in development - he doesn't put on the suit and suddenly decide what is and isn't off-limits. Plus his choices are narrowed by circumstance, one of the film's themes.

I really don't understand the poor critical and fan reaction. io9's really been dumping on it. Guess they all want wise-cracking Avengers nonsense all the time, so no pleasing 'em.
Todd

Re: Man of Steel

Post by Todd »

I haven't seen it yet! I really want to, but I've been broke because I just went to a concert out of town. I'll watch it when it comes on video. So jealous, cause I love Superman. I'm glad to hear it's good though.
karenjeane

Post by karenjeane »

Todd wrote:I haven't seen it yet! I really want to, but I've been broke because I just went to a concert out of town. I'll watch it when it comes on video. So jealous, cause I love Superman. I'm glad to hear it's good though.
I know you'll like it! Things come out on video pretty quickly these days.

Hope I didn't kill the thread by calling The Avengers "nonsense", lol. Well, it's fun, but still silly, is all I meant. Not every (superhero) movie requires the same tone.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

It's okay Karen! It didn't kill it for me. Even though I love the Avengers. I haven't seen Man of Steel but my Nana did suggest us seeing it. She used to read the comics and was very impressed by the movie. So I still need to see. And also poor, gotta wait til DVD release.

I agree, all superhero movies can have different tones. Like I didn't like the Batman Movies until Christian Bale. So it's all good.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Kibumie

Post by Kibumie »

I love it! I've watched it a lot and I have been studying the story flow and composition in the movie. :blush:
aminuet .。. king