Once Upon a Time

Any series that isn't anime as well as live action movies.
Destinie

Once Upon a Time

Post by Destinie »

Please talk about this show with me. :D

I just finished watching season 1 on Netflix and I went to check out season 2 on hulu, but only for hulu+ members. NOOOO! (I don't pay for cable since it's expensive I would rarely watch anything anyway. So when I do want to watch something, Netflix and Crunchyroll are perfect for me. Anyway-)

So I am resorting to reading summaries on Wikipedia, lol. I heard that Season 2 wasn't as good. Can you tell me what you all think?

I really like Mr. Gold/Rumplestilskin as a character. I feel like he's the most fleshed-out character and he has so many levels to him. I sense they tried to do that with other characters but I just feel they aren't as successful. (Snow White comes to mind. They didn't want her to be so pure or something? I can't tell but I really can't get into her character.)

Ah! I really loved the episode with Dreamy/Grumpy dwarf, too!
Crystal

Re: Once Upon a Time

Post by Crystal »

Personally I love Season 2. The only thing I hate are the constant hiatuses they seem to take all the time. I want to know what happens next right now! Not 3 weeks later! :/

I love Rumpelstiltskin/Mr. Gold as well. I don't usually like the bad guys but this show makes me love them. I can't really think of a character I don't like lol. Regina I'm kind off and on with but I like her to.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Mayumi

Post by Mayumi »

Crystal wrote:The only thing I hate are the constant hiatuses they seem to take all the time. I want to know what happens next right now! Not 3 weeks later! :/
THIS X10000. I hate it when there's a hiatus ;-; Drives me nuts @_@;

Can't believe Season 2 is almost done O___O Obviously, as a girl who loves fairytale princesses (and is a bit naive), I love Snow White/Mary Margaret. ;D Ginnifer Goodwin is an actress I look up to for inspiration for my own work XD I also have a love/hate for Regina/Evil Queen XD I mean, seriously these episodes are getting too intense every week! Please tell me that I'm not the only one who thinks so XD;

PS: Glad you made this post, Destinie ;D /hugs x1000
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@Mayumi *hugs* Heehe I would see you tweet about it so I wanted to give it a shot. I love mysteries, too, so I really ended up liking the show. The best part for me is trying to figure out who is what Fairy Tale Character. I really like how they tied the stories and real world stuff. Though, there are parts in the show that make me go, "Really??"

It reminds me a lot of Tenth Kingdom, but a more dramatic version.

@Crystal :D Yay! His character is so involved. I love how they added the whole thing with his son because I liked how they were trying to explain why Rumplestiltskin in Classic stories was always trying to steal people's babies. XD
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Destinie wrote:@Crystal :D Yay! His character is so involved. I love how they added the whole thing with his son because I liked how they were trying to explain why Rumplestiltskin in Classic stories was always trying to steal people's babies. XD
Yeah, he is. I think that's what makes him the most interesting. Really? I never knew that. Shows how into fairytales I am. *cough*
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Mayumi

Post by Mayumi »

Who are your favorite characters Destinie? ;D I already know who Cri likes ;D /pokes Crystal~
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@Mayumi Hmm I like Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold and August. I didn't like Little Red Riding Hood at first, then I saw her episode, then I was like "OMG she is so hardcore."
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

O_O This looks like something I need to check out! You ladies are fantastic. :3 <3 (bwhahaha, fairytales. <3)
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Mayumi

Post by Mayumi »

@Destinie: She is awesome~ She needs to appear more in Season 2 though. ;-;
@Snow: Lol you should~ ;D
Mayumi

Post by Mayumi »

Sorry for the double posting but last night's episode was really interesting ;D But seriously I can't wait for next week O_O It's getting crazier!!! x.x; /faints.