Who/What are the worst party members ever in your opinion?

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Who/What are the worst party members ever in your opinio

Post by Robin »

Camy wrote:Me. I sometimes mess up and it drives me up the wall, especially when it's something so blatantly obvious.
LOL, me too...poor Mario has died so many times because of my derps (or just stupidity). :P
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Someone else who played Super Mario RPG!!!!! Ehem... sorry about my little outburst, it's one of my top favorites.

As much as I liked Geno, he was the one that always got removed first and never got added back. ^^;; Though in comparison to characters from other games, he was still pretty good.

I would say that Han from Phantasy Star IV was pretty useless, though watching him get picked on by the quick witted Alys was kind of worth it. Rune on the other hand has no excuse for needing to equip two shields to survive. I like him and all, but he's supposed to be tougher than that based on what they make him sound as.

Actually the same can be said about Selan from the original Lufia II, she's supposed to be way stronger than Tia, but I always found Tia's magic to be much more useful. Selan had more hp and def, but not enough to make her an effective physical fighter, plus they claimed her specialty was magic anyway. I have no idea how this compares to the remake, as I only played the original (Dekar looked better with blue hair!)
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Mikari wrote:Someone else who played Super Mario RPG!!!!! Ehem... sorry about my little outburst, it's one of my top favorites.

As much as I liked Geno, he was the one that always got removed first and never got added back. ^^;; Though in comparison to characters from other games, he was still pretty good.
YEP! That's pretty much what happened with me--every playthrough I'd end up using Mario/Toadstool/Bowser for almost the last half of the game, LOL. I <3 SMRPG...SUCH an awesome game, with so many little Easter eggs and downright fun stuff. :)
withinmyworld.org
Todd

Post by Todd »

CuriousLittleBird wrote:
Mikari wrote:Someone else who played Super Mario RPG!!!!! Ehem... sorry about my little outburst, it's one of my top favorites.

YEP! That's pretty much what happened with me--every playthrough I'd end up using Mario/Toadstool/Bowser for almost the last half of the game, LOL. I <3 SMRPG...SUCH an awesome game, with so many little Easter eggs and downright fun stuff. :)
Have you guys played the sequels: the Mario and Luigi games? Partners in Time, Bowser's Inside Story, etc.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

I think I tried to play Partners in Time (was it for the Game Boy SP, or am I misremembering?). I think I got distracted from it and never went back to it :/

Never heard of Bowser's Inside Story, though! Let the Googling commence! :D
withinmyworld.org
Aa-chan

Post by Aa-chan »

Ooh! The Mario+Luigi RPGs! ^___^; Loved Partners in Time. ( Baby Peach was SO CUTE argh. x_x ) Currently playing the latest (Dream Team) which I like so far... Haven't really scratched the surface of it yet as I keep getting distracted by other games -- I downloaded Super Mario Bros. 3 and Streets of Rage from the eShop recently, plus I (re)bought FFIV for the DS, and Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns is my huge interest at the moment... Blargh. x_x;

Anyway... I really don't hate anyone in games... 'Cept maybe the extra characters in FFIV:TA. What's the point of getting 3+ random monks to protect Ursula, or the Black and White Mage in the Mysidian quests, and spending all time leveling their butts up if they're just going to leave? :| I mean, the same can technically be applied to the canon FFIV, but... x.x; (At least they had names instead of "Monk A" or whatever? I dunno. I like characters with actual names, like Tellah or whatever. Gives a better connection with the game in my opinion).

I dunno what I'm trying to say... Bah. *Hides*
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Jonathan, Walter and Isabeau in SMTVI. TOSS ME A GODDAMN REVIVAL ITEMS YOU JERKHOLES I'M JUST A MAN.
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

One day I need to keep up with those Mario RPGs, though I'm staying as a vita gamer for the moment, maybe later. XD

I don't like the whole monk a thing either. It can't be that hard to give them names!

I've heard Bowser inside story is funny though I've never played it.